New and need help!

Options
I am 31 years old with a husband and 2 wonderful girls! I recently started a Facebook account and am seeing all my high school classmates. It was great to see them, but also depressing! They all look the same or better! Then there is me. I am ashamed to post a picture up. I knew I was gaining wait, but didn't feel like it was that much! I don't really have the support from my husband, who can lose 5 pounds in a snap! I can't and he doesn't get it!
I need help and support. My treadmill broke, and don't have money to replace. Any suggestions for a working mother of 2 small children for exercise and meals? Hopefully, I can do it and start to feel good again.

Replies

• Guatamellon
    Guatamellon Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. You will love this site. I have lost 18 pounds in 12 weeks by just counting calories and doing some work out video's at home. If you have netflix you can also do work out video's on there. I wish you luck. Its one day at a time. You can do it!
  • patriciasultan67
    Options
    I am also new to MFP and it really works once you start logging in what you are eating because you realise what is in what you are eating and it really makes you think twice about eating it. As for the exercise take the girls out for a walk and/or to the park. With my first child (24 years ago) I had no money and a lot of time, I use to walk him around my front and back yard pulling him in his wagon for hours... he loved it and I lost 20 pounds! good luck and use MFP people as your support....
  • thielen4
    thielen4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! I think I know what I need to do, I just need to do it and need someone to push me.
  • thielen4
    thielen4 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I live in MN and right now we have a lot of snow. So, today I went snow shoeing. But I really can only do that on weekends as it is dark when I leave for work and dark when I get home. I am excited to be apart of MFP and get to meet people who are going through the same thing.
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You can also check out free exercise dvd's from your public library. You can also walk in place, or up and down stairs, or walk outside. If you have cable you can watch exercise shows as well. Also, you could look into used fitness equipment on craigslist or your local "play it again' store or thrift shop,