Help! Can't seem to break plateau!

Options
I've been stuck on a plateau for about 2 months. Up and down but basically just staying the same. Really been tracking everything the last couple weeks but hasn't seemed to help. Anybody been there and have suggestions? I'm down 20 lbs with about 25 to go. My calorie goal is 1250 plus exercise cals. I walk 3-4 days a week plus strength train 2x week.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is closed...

Weigh everything solid, log accurately. That includes fruit, slice of bread, etc. Package info can be off easily 10-20%.
    Be careful of MFP database entries, some are user entered and have errors.
    Don't use 'homemade' entries unless they're your own.
    Use cups/spoons for liquids only. Log condiments, beverages, etc.

How are you determining your calories burned #? You may be overestimating what you're burning.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is closed...

Weigh everything solid, log accurately. That includes fruit, slice of bread, etc. Package info can be off easily 10-20%.
    Be careful of MFP database entries, some are user entered and have errors.
    Don't use 'homemade' entries unless they're your own.
    Use cups/spoons for liquids only. Log condiments, beverages, etc.

How are you determining your calories burned #? You may be overestimating what you're burning.

Excellent. Covered all the important points!!
  • kaylene5
    kaylene5 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Opened up my food diary. I use MFP a lot to calculate calories eaten and burned! Is there a better was to figure cals burned? Didn't realize MFP wasn't always accurate. Haven't weighed food lately since I thought I knew what serving size was- maybe not:(. Time to get my food scale out again. Thx for the tips. Not ready to give up just really frustrated right now:/
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    always weigh your food - almost every "help - i can't seem to lose weight" thread here is from people who thought they knew how much they were eating but didn't (many foods have servings of 1 to 3 ounces, but most u.s. people including me are used to seeing and eating far larger portions) or from people who grabbed foods from the database like the chick who grabbed a listing for 1/2 cup cole slaw - 45 calories, when in reality cole slaw has like 4 times as many.

i run into incorrect food info in the database periodically, so i always check before using a particular one to be sure it agrees with the labeling on the product i'm using.
  • meabhaline
    meabhaline Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Opened up my food diary. I use MFP a lot to calculate calories eaten and burned! Is there a better was to figure cals burned? Didn't realize MFP wasn't always accurate. Haven't weighed food lately since I thought I knew what serving size was- maybe not:(. Time to get my food scale out again. Thx for the tips. Not ready to give up just really frustrated right now:/

for me MFP always over estimates my calories. I use a heart rate monitor when i exercise and it usually works out my calories to be about 10 - 20% less than the ones on MFP