Anyone help explain?

Options
I've trawled through all the threads and everything, but I'm STILL confused with TDEE, Net Calories, etc.

My TDEE is 1,700 (or 1,500, which is what another calculator is giving me...).
With MFP, I've got it on goal of 1,200 calories a day, and I really struggle to hit that, before taking away any exercise.
After exercise is added, I'm on a "net" calories of about 700-800, with an intake of food of about 900-1000, and a loss from exercise of about 200-300.

I wanted to know if I'll lose any weight this way? I know people have said about reaching the 1,200 goal, but I find that SO difficult and also time consuming.

Can anyone give me any advice? Thank you!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes, you'll lose weight as long as you're under your TDEE. But really, with seven pounds to lose, you should lower your deficit to .5 pounds a week and look into eating more calorie dense foods to at least bring you to 1200 (nuts/peanut butter, avocados, oils)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    What are you eating that you have a hard time reaching 1200 net? Go for more calorie dense food. Higher fat dairy, bananas, higher fat meats, avocados, olive oil, butter, dark meat chicken with skin, protein shakes, greek yogurt, cheese, whole eggs etc.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yes you will lose. How are you having a hard time eating 1200 calories?
  • florencehw
    florencehw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I guess the food I do eat isn't very calorific, and I never want to eat anymore than I do as I don't feel hungry for it unfortunately..
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I guess the food I do eat isn't very calorific, and I never want to eat anymore than I do as I don't feel hungry for it unfortunately..
    Try a little peanut butter. It is SO important to get your nutrients. You want to be able to sustain the loss and if you're body is hungry it won't be able to do that.
  • florencehw
    florencehw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Will I still lose by having up to 1,200? Sorry I know it's daft to ask as there's a million threads on this
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yes, you'll lose weight as long as you're under your TDEE. But really, with seven pounds to lose, you should lower your deficit to .5 pounds a week and look into eating more calorie dense foods to at least bring you to 1200 (nuts/peanut butter, avocados, oils)

Quoting myself because I answered the question already