confused!?!

Okay I'm confused. When I get extra calories for the day from exercise, should I use them?

Replies

• whendee05
    whendee05 Posts: 21
    Okay I'm confused. When I get extra calories for the day from exercise, should I use them?
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    No, please mail them to me so I can use them. Thanks! :bigsmile:

Okay seriously, yes, you are suppose to eat your exercise calories.
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    YES YES YES!! let me find the link that will explain to you better than i can...
  • shannonbanana
    shannonbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Yes, you are supposed to but I find it hard to pack on an extra 300-700 calories a day when I am already full. When I do eat them i usually feel disgusting, and I tend to take off a little more weight when I don't. I'd love to see how others respond to this because I really feel like they are adding too much.
  • whendee05
    whendee05 Posts: 21
    that's the thing...I do Turbo Jam and supposedly you burn like 450 to 700 calories! I can't picture me eating all those calories and still loosing weight!
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    yes you use them i just had a member tell me that a few mins ago

Pamela :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I know it seems strange to eat calories you burned and if ALL you were doing was exercising, then of course it wouldn't make sense to eat those calories.

But, think about it for a second. You are already at a calorie deificit with your food....a deficit that gives you a certain weight loss based on the calories eaten. So, if you work out and burn, say 400 calories......then that gives you more of a deficit. Like for me, on days I don't work out, I eat around 1450 calories. On days I do work out and burn 700 calories, I eat around 1800 calories. I never usually eat ALL the exercise calories but I try to keep the net calories around 1200. (Net meaning the calories eaten - calories burned).
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    mind you id rather save my calories and lose a little more each week but up till now i have been eating them

Pamela :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jenken99
    jenken99 Posts: 564 Member
    i dont understand how to save calories i just eat what i need to each day sometimes i am over sometimes i am under, should it all equal out the same each week?:smooched:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    I know it seems strange to eat calories you burned and if ALL you were doing was exercising, then of course it wouldn't make sense to eat those calories.

But, think about it for a second. You are already at a calorie deificit with your food....a deficit that gives you a certain weight loss based on the calories eaten. So, if you work out and burn, say 400 calories......then that gives you more of a deficit. Like for me, on days I don't work out, I eat around 1450 calories. On days I do work out and burn 700 calories, I eat around 1800 calories. I never usually eat ALL the exercise calories but I try to keep the net calories around 1200. (Net meaning the calories eaten - calories burned).

well said tam. I forgot to find that link for her to read..does anyone have the link where banks explains all of this? its very important to eat your exercise calories bc you are already at a deficit! exercise on top of it makes you go into starvation mode!
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
    here are the links to read, I usually eat all of mine except maybe 100 calories and I feel great. I have a lot more pounds to get off and if I was depriving myselve everything, I know I couldn't make it to the end. I have lost 100dreds of pounds just to gain them back . This time I'm going to do it the right way . The support here is great and I :heart: all you guys here. I appreciate all the great advise thank's you all:flowerforyou:
  • pmd14
    pmd14 Posts: 232 Member
    I'm sorry but am I the only one finding it difficult to stay UNDER my calories.
    My basic is 1230 calories and if I exercise I add maybe 500 to 600 calories.
    How much are you exercising to say you are too full to eat those calories.
    I agree send them my way!!!!!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    You will see much better results and not halt your progress by eating your exercise calories...trust me, I speak from experience. I've even done extra exercise for special occasions like the Super Bowl and birthdays so that I could enjoy myself.