Christmas

Options
everyone binge eats over christmas right? well i hguess not everyone but ive eaten so much food in the pass few days and im starting to feel guilty now so please tell me im not the only one thats probably eaten twice their body weight over christmas????

Replies

• emmerrs
    emmerrs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in the same boat. It was Christmas!! But now, Christmas is over and it's time to be sensible again...
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    your not the only one.... im gulity of this too :blushing:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Everyone over eats during the holidays....hence the reason so many peoples New Years resolutions are to lose weight, lol.
    I sure ate pretty bad...but it's only a few days a year...so I don't feel guilty about it at all.
  • ladybug91254
    ladybug91254 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes, I overate also...well...define overeating:smile: I definitely did not stuff myself or eat everything in sight. In fact some days I ate less in amounts than I normally have been. But I ate things I have not been indulging in...fudge, chex mix, divinity, cookies. I don't really feel that I have failed either though. I made a conscious decision after a lot of soul searching. I decided to take the entire last week before Christmas "off". Not that I went wild or that I quit thinking about what I was eating. But I did decide to pretty much eat what I wanted and not "count" or track everything. I wanted to enjoy myself with out the extra burden. On the one hand I felt this might be wrong because I truly do intend this to become a way of life for me. However, no one can change everything in one swoop or overnight. I have come a tremendous way the past 10 months. Doing it this way made me feel less guilty...actually I have no guilt. And I think guilt can be a bad thing...it can sabotage us. So, all said and done I have probably put on 4-5 pounds, but I enjoyed a guilt free holiday and am back on track now. I think it boils down to finding what works for each of us...without guilt or condemnation.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't use the word "guilty". But yes, I have eaten at least twice my body weigh. And sorry, but I loved it. XY-mas in my part of the world is a HUGE thing. Nothing is comparable with it. And food has always been a big part of it. It's tradition to have at least 5 different dishes for X-mas Eve.
    I don't feel guilty about it, because it's part of my culture. Could I have done better? Yes. Could I have made better choices? Probably. But my point is ... X-mas is once a year. It's 3 days of terrible eating habits. But I really like it. It doesn't stop me from getting healthier and making good choices during the rest of the year. And that's why I don't feel guilty. I probably gained this week. But it doesn't matter to me, because it is only this week. From tomorrow on I will do again what I did the last 7 months. The scale doesn't mean much to me. What means much more is how I feel in this "new" body of mine. And I didn't lose this feeling, even with eating far too much lately. Of course it will take some self control to get back on track. But to me X-mas was worth a little trip onto the bad side of food. =^_^= Just my two cents ... (as always)