My New year's Resolution

Options
So this is probably the 3rd time I've decided to give this a try. I did when i hit 200, then again when i hit 220, and now i'm at 227, and really don't want to let it get any higher. So i'm giving myself 370 days (until the end of 2011) to reach 175, a fairly healthy weight for my age/height. If anyone has any ideas to help keep me on track this time, I'm ready to hear them. I'm a sophomore at Indiana University, so, as a college student, the pressures to eat junk food are higher than ever. I'm trying to cut out fast-food all together, and hopefully that will help me. Please share any tips you might have.

Thanks,
Michael

Replies

• patriciasultan67
    Options
    if you have to hit the fast food places, eat a salad and i know it's hard either dont put the dressing or only half of it! you can do you just have to want to do it! good luck and if you push yourself hard enough you can get down to the weight you want.....
  • blankcanvas
    Options
    Congratulations, you took the first step! I would recommend reading lots of the success stories here, they are so motvating when you think you just can't do it. A year from now ( probably less ) it will be a whole new you! Good luck.
  • Godsflower1789
    Options
    hey! i hear ya!
    took me a year to get from 233 to 197, and am now working for 170.
    just keep it up, eat small meals every 2-3 hours at 200-300 calories, exercise (even for only 20 minutes) daily, and sleep, have fun! be happy!
  • nikkicarter13
    nikkicarter13 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    College time was the worse for me healthwise....I gained the freshman 15...the sophomore 15...I think you get the picture. However looking back on it now, it could have been avoided...some advice, especially if you are on the school's meal plan...
    1 - go easy on the pizza/pasta
    2 - skip the soda and chose water
    3 - I ate dessert with almost every meal....really not my best move
    4 - I ate salad rarely but managed to load it up with creamy dressing when I did
    5 - I ate way too many fried foods...chicken fingers and fried ravolis mostly
    6 - my college had a gym, free to students and I only used it my senior year
    7 - try buying healthy snacks for when you may be up late studying...nothing worse than the pizza place that is open till 2AM!

Good luck...you can do it. I wish I had MFP back in the day, it probably would have opened my eyes while I was in college.
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site!! you already have taken a huge step in the right direction by coming on here! there are many people here with advice and support to help you reach your goals :)