Better Calorie Burn - Zumba for Wii or Turbo Jam?

Options
2»

Replies

• hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    The HRM's are definitely worth the money!
  • KineticPearl
    KineticPearl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I got Zumba for X-Box Kinect for my partner. I tried it and quickly came to the conclusion that I can not do it though as I have absolutely no rhythm :P
  • hmrtym
    hmrtym Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have TurboJam at home and I love it. It really gets my heart pumping & I sweat like crazy....so I see that as burning a lot of calories!!!

I think I really need to get a HRM watch. They just seem so expensive! Are they worth it???

They are definitely worth the money!
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Unrelated to video game question, but if you do try zumba at a gym, I definitely second the "find an instructor you like" comment. There are as many different types and styles of zumba as there are recipes for chocolate chip cookies. If the first person you try it with isn't your cup of tea, don't write zumba off all together. There's one instructor I adore at my gym, a couple who are okay, and one or two who just don't do it for me at all. :P

As for Wii Zumba, I need to try it but don't feel like I would be as motivated or expend as much energy/effort without other people around for accountability. But maybe as someone else said, I'll rent it first...
  • artbaby1
    artbaby1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would say one of the best workouts is Turbo fire. For additional info you can email me at artbaby1@aol.com
  • Jewelz2c
    Options
    I have done the Fitness on the Wii!
    I had herd mix reviews about the zumba for the Wii so was not ready to jump out and lay out that much money on mix reviews. Sounds like the Zumba 2 is much better then the originial.
    Okay as for the fitness. I have a love hate relationship with it. If you can get it with xbox kinect it would be much better.
    The leg wrap that hold the chuck drives me nuts. You deffinitly will get a good curcuit training work out if that is what you are looking for. I had to quit working out do to Drs orders I have finally been released to walking and ridding my horses again. So I have been taking it easy and slowly getting back into work outs.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Had a Zumba party tonight with my kids. I got the Zumba 2 for Wii this Christmas and we all love it. Put it on turn the music up and just dance. Fantastic burn as well. After an hour my Bodybugg said 506 calories burned. LOVE IT:bigsmile:
  • merzback
    merzback Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I have done both and think Turbo Jam!
  • KineticPearl
    KineticPearl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Gave it another go last evening. Still have no rhythm but will persist