My Story!

I have always been on the 'big' side, bigger than my naturally stick thin sister anyway, so always felt big. :wink:
About 5 years ago I weighed 203lbs and lost 60lbs in about a year. I cut calories and exercised but I didn't change my mindset, my lifestyle. I thought once i got to my goal weight I could go back to my old habits..... and I did! :noway: I remember it being such a struggle because I deprived myself, and that just doesn't work!
I ended up putting all the weight back on AND some! By the time I had been married a year i weighed 231lbs and was shocked and disgusted with myself! I just didn't see it happening, I was in total denial!

I joined mfp on October 27th 2007. That day my life literally changed forever!!
I know that sounds a bit corny but I really feel passionate about the role mfp has played in my success, by that I don't just mean the useful 'tools' such as the food diary I mean the support of all the wonderful and caring people here!

I have lost 71lbs so far and have 13lbs to go! :happy:

And thanks to banks and some others on this site I am not in any rush for those last 13lbs to go, I know this last stretch will take time and I am happy about that because the longer it takes the more likely it will stay off!!

I have followed mfp to the letter, I have eaten every last calorie (including exercise calories) and enjoyed every one of them. I have changed my whole outlook on food, I have learned how to live healthy!

I really feel that this is for life, I will keep this weight off forever!

I feel great and have a new lease for life!! I want each and every one of you to know this CAN be done and to trust what you read here, there are a lot of good, knowledgable people who make sure they keep an watchful eye on the posts, always helping the people in need!

Cheers :drinker:

Replies

• amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    I have always been on the 'big' side, bigger than my naturally stick thin sister anyway, so always felt big. :wink:
    About 5 years ago I weighed 203lbs and lost 60lbs in about a year. I cut calories and exercised but I didn't change my mindset, my lifestyle. I thought once i got to my goal weight I could go back to my old habits..... and I did! :noway: I remember it being such a struggle because I deprived myself, and that just doesn't work!
    I ended up putting all the weight back on AND some! By the time I had been married a year i weighed 231lbs and was shocked and disgusted with myself! I just didn't see it happening, I was in total denial!

I joined mfp on October 27th 2007. That day my life literally changed forever!!
    I know that sounds a bit corny but I really feel passionate about the role mfp has played in my success, by that I don't just mean the useful 'tools' such as the food diary I mean the support of all the wonderful and caring people here!

I have lost 71lbs so far and have 13lbs to go! :happy:

And thanks to banks and some others on this site I am not in any rush for those last 13lbs to go, I know this last stretch will take time and I am happy about that because the longer it takes the more likely it will stay off!!

I have followed mfp to the letter, I have eaten every last calorie (including exercise calories) and enjoyed every one of them. I have changed my whole outlook on food, I have learned how to live healthy!

I really feel that this is for life, I will keep this weight off forever!

I feel great and have a new lease for life!! I want each and every one of you to know this CAN be done and to trust what you read here, there are a lot of good, knowledgable people who make sure they keep an watchful eye on the posts, always helping the people in need!

Cheers :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Hey Amanda!

Great story!! I know you will inspire many people here! And I am so happy that you have discovered that this can be done in a healthy way where you aren't suffering! I don't want anyone to suffer!

I know you will keep it off and stay the course girl!! Excellent job! You look WONDERFUL!

:heart:
    Tami
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Thank you, Amanda. I was hoping you'd put your story on here.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Amazing job! Honestly, it is people like you, tam, and a lot of others that keep me going. You guys inspire me so much and give me a lot of hope that one day I will be reaching my goal.

Congratulations!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Congratulations Amanda! I am very happy for you!

MFP and MFPs have been working for me too!
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    You are one of the many inspiring people on here. Thanks for sharing, I think I am starting to really realize eating all of your calories may not be such a bad thing, so thank you for your story. And congrats on the weight loss, that rocks!!!!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    I cut calories and exercised but I didn't change my mindset, my lifestyle. I thought once i got to my goal weight I could go back to my old habits..... and I did! :noway:

I know EXACTLY! That was always my problem with dieting in the past. Now I know that these are changes I am making for good, for my health and well-being.

Thanks for sharing your story! :flowerforyou:
  • fatvanessa
    fatvanessa Posts: 15
    :smooched: :smooched: :smooched:
    I am so happy for youi....

and girl I saw your pics and you look amazzzzzinggg!

I mean you make it sound so easy... I joind MFP about less than a week ago and it helped alot...

IT IS JUST SOOO SO HARD?!?!?

:sad: :sad: :sad:
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!