I would really like to see the ticker move right soon...

I have been stuck at just under 20lbs lost for at least a month. Or, it seems like a month...

I'd really like get back on track and go beyond that. I am so close to so many milestones...losing 20 lbs...being under 200 lbs...no longer being "obese." I seem to get stuck in this area often, last time I was just a few lbs shy of 200 lbs went I got injured and side-tracked for over a year. :(

I have been working out consistently almost daily, 30-60 minutes at least, for a few weeks now, but I have only been staying within my calories for a few days in a row. I am too tempted or too hungry all the time. I have increased my cardio, but pretty much stopped with the strength training. Should I really work to add more of that in, even if I have to sacrifice time for cardio?

SO...if you have any advice, tips, or words of wisdom...I would love to hear them. Or just some words of motivation. You would be da bes. :bigsmile:

Replies

• Jaywalker_7
    Jaywalker_7 Posts: 68 Member
    I struggled for the past few weeks to get the last 2 lbs off to hit that 50 lbs. That was my first big goal and it was super frustrating that the scale kept teetering around it! I say you should maybe try to up your strength training, just to give your body a little something it's not used to. I'm not an expert and still have a long way to go, but I find that when I switch up my workout drastically from a normal exercise of choice, I gain for a few days (I think it's the whole sore muscle retaining water thing) and then lose right afterwards. Sorry if I'm not too much help. But hang in there! Keep going and you will see that big 2-0 hopefully soon! :-)
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    I struggled for the past few weeks to get the last 2 lbs off to hit that 50 lbs. That was my first big goal and it was super frustrating that the scale kept teetering around it! I say you should maybe try to up your strength training, just to give your body a little something it's not used to. I'm not an expert and still have a long way to go, but I find that when I switch up my workout drastically from a normal exercise of choice, I gain for a few days (I think it's the whole sore muscle retaining water thing) and then lose right afterwards. Sorry if I'm not too much help. But hang in there! Keep going and you will see that big 2-0 hopefully soon! :-)

Thanks for responding! I'm going to try that, and maybe switch to some different kinds of cardio.
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    I'm struggling to shift weight as well right now, I seem to have stalled even though I'm doing everything right.

You are meant to switch your workout every 6 weeks or so or your body will get used to it. I would advise upping some strength training as that will raise your metabolism for a lot longer.

For your cardio, have you tried high intensity interval training (HIIT)? It is a lot shorter and more intense than normal cardio and has great results on your metabolism for a long time after your workout.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Yes, your body gets used to a certain level of performance and you have to switch it up sometimes. Try eating a bigger breakfast and a smaller dinner. That helps me.