Yoga socks...

manetta1
manetta1 Posts: 138
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Was just wondering if I should invest in some gaiam yoga socks? Saw them online and now I'm thinking of buying but cant find the right size socks. Anyone know where I can find some for cheap or if I should even waste the money. I like wearing the vibram shoes and thought they would be like the same concept.

Thanks

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    I don't use them and I have never seen anyone in class wearing them either. Unless your feet sweat really really bad, I don't know that there is a need for them...
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    I don't know anyone who uses them....and I don't really trust Gaiam...I have a yoga mat they made and if I sweat even the slightest my hands go sliding when I'm in down dog. Not so good!
  • manetta1
    manetta1 Posts: 138
    I guess my biggest issue that I dont do yoga on a hardwood floor. I'm doing it on a rug in my basement or a rug in my girlfriends basement and I hate the idea of wearing shoes. The closest I can get to being shoeless is wearing vibrams toe shoes because they feel light and have grip. Thats why I was asking about yoga socks.
  • chocolatnoir
    chocolatnoir Posts: 182 Member
    How about getting a yoga mat and placing it on the rug? Basically you just don't want to slip and slide and compromise yourself when you are in certain poses. My profile picture was taken in a yoga studio in India and we were on these straw mats on hard floor. Not super comfy but it kept my hands/feet from slipping....so no need for fancy stuff :)
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    On P90X they don't wear shoes/socks/anything. They just stand on a mat.
This discussion has been closed.