Carbs are BAD!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Say what you said here and stop caring what she thinks, but, unfortunately, the correct answer has already been spoken.

Don't argue with zealots because you can't fight faith with facts.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I make it into a conversation. No need to get angry!

For example - recently Hubs tried to say my baked egg cups were "bad" for me

Me: Oh really, why?
    Him: Greasy ham and eggs
    Me: Nope, no grease, just used a little Pam and the ham is lean. Plus eggs are good for you.
    Him: (blank look, nothing to add)
    Me: (big grin)

He even ended up sneaking one and I just had to laugh. He also thinks PB is "bad". smh

ETA: It's funny that some of you equate this with talking religion because it is kind of similar. Some people believe things easily and don't question what they're told and some are complete cynics and want to learn actual proven facts and there are some in between. And in both cases, people can be completely rude about voicing their opinions/beliefs.

I actually enjoy discussion religion because I learn things about people's perspectives and upbringing and about other faiths and find that interesting. It can still be a tough topic though because I definitely have my own convictions but even then, I try to be open minded, make a discussion about it and not argue (doesn't always work, I am a Taurus LOL)
  • Michifan
    Michifan Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Love Eggs. Sixty Calories of goodness. I like mine poached on top of asparagus, mushrooms, peppers and a bit of smoked salmon.

Eggs were considered bad in the 60s-70s. It was around the same time people were told to eat margarine instead of butter.
  • JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have this friend who wants to eat healthy, wants to do sports with me and so on. Cool, eh? However, she usually puts down what I eat. Yesterday I invited her for dinner, made a veggie puree with GASP potatoes and she said that the carbs are bad for you. I was here like "But I like potatoes". She wants to do low carb, fine. Do it, but do't put down my dinner. She also nagged about my portion. I was happy with a bowl of my puree and she said "Isn't that too little?"

To which my reply would be, after immediately taking her full plate away, 'That's nice, goodbye now, don't let the door hit your *kitten* on the way out'