Single mom trying to shed 33kg/73lbs

Options
I have been overweight since age 16 and I struggled with weight but successfully managed to lose 18kgs/40lbs at some point but have put it all back on again. I am frustrated but I know the exact reasons why it didn't last. I changed things but not in a way that could make it possible to keep losing weight or even maintaining it.

I have just decided to focus on my eating habits and food first so i am not currently doing any exercise until I can manage to get the hang of it. What i need is a great deal of support and tips. I want to reach my goal this time not become complacent along the way because i have lost some. i need to go all the way to prove to myself that i can do it if I try.

Replies

• Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Although exercise is great, I also have got this far by doing what you propose to do. Ie focusing on diet and not exercise. I'm over 8 months and doing well. Have only got about 7 pounds to go before i reach goal.

Work on your diet. do it the healthy way. Do it the sustainable way. Enjoy good quality food. And you won't miss the junk food so much.

Make good rules for yourself and stick to them.

I"ve only just now bought a pedometer and will try to increase my steps.

At some point you might also want to check out the 5:2 fasting diet. Many people are surprised to find that its not as hard it appears at first. Check out the faq and forum on the fast diet website. Basically you fast two days a week but eat some calories (500) and eat fairly normally but not over eat on the other five days.

There's also a 5:2 group on this site.
  • KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi! You can do this! Feel free to add me for support!