Food variety

Options
How much do you think that food variety (i.e. Different fruits, different meals each week) plays in weightloss? I tend to eat the same selection of fruits and veggies etc. most weeks.

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I would say as long as you're hitting your Macros and measuring and weighing portions correctly, eating at a deficit then it will not matter if you eat the same thing everyday.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous poster. Variety keeps things interesting, but it's not necessary. As long as you have a well-balanced blend of all your micro/macro nutrients, it doesn't matter if the sources stay the same. Whatever is most convenient and sustainable for you will probably be the best in the long run. :drinker:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    None for weight loss, but I try to eat a variety, especially of fruits and vegetables, for health purposes, to make it more likely I'm getting adequate amounts of micronutrients. Also, I get bored if I don't.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    It doesn't for weight loss.
  • nikky0x
    Options
    I suppose it doesn't help or hinder weight loss directly if you do or don't have a variety.

I'd say it depends on you as to whether it does indirectly.
    If you have the same foods everyday on a diet, and you feel restricted and bored, I imagine you are more likely to cheat and make a bad choice to avoid the boring stuff, then it could hinder weight loss. A variety can keep it interesting and make you think you can have what you want.

However if you only like certain foods and would probably still eat a small variety off a diet, then I imagine that it won't make much difference.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    The only thing that matters for weight loss is a calorie deficit. You don't really NEED variety, although most people prefer variety.

Monday - Friday I generally eat the same things for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is always a toss up.

On the weekends, all bets are off :drinker:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Food variety is important to get good nutrition, IMO.