Turbo Fire Question

Options
I Loved my 1st try of Turbo Fire; i cant wait to start it in March after my p90x/bodyrock hybrid ends!!! But i have a question for you guys......What do you do for strength training while doing TF??? I dont want to lose all the muscle i have built doing p90x!

Replies

• beautifulnow
    Options
    my husband and I are starting a turbofire/p90x hybrid....I love tghem both and cant wait to start my year off right!!
  • MizzFitness
    MizzFitness Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    She has sculpting and ab work built in to this. All the moves and jumping build up muscles too
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I always do hybrids to maintain muscle tone. TuroFire is an amazing program but it is definitely NOT P90X....so some weight training added in will do the trick.

I also do all of the TurboFire videos with weighted gloves. I prefer 2lb each ones...it brings up the intensity as well as working the arms much more. But you're definitely going to want to try and add something else in there as well :-)

Have fun! You're going to love it!
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I take a body pump class 2 days a week and then just do normal weights in the weight room at the gym.
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    She does have a Turbo Fire/ChaLean Extreme hybrid created that is located in the back of the book. I did that during the summer and early fall and found it to be a very good program.

I am starting a new program this Thursday that will combine 3 days of Turbo Fire with 3 days of P90X strength workouts.

I think her Tone 30 and Sculpt 30 workouts that are part of the TF package are very good 'on the go' workouts that you can do in a very small space with nothing more than a resistance band. Very good, especially if you're traveling.
  • last25
    last25 Posts: 83
    Options
    True, it is a purely cardio centered program. Though she does have some strength training in there and the fire drills have a lot of squat jumps and burpees which are strength moves (like with INSANITY). I have the deluxe set so besides Tone 30 and Sculpt 30, I also have Upper 20 and Lower 20; the strength training portions of the program. When you start the program to keep your muscles you might want to do 3 days of cardio and for the other 3 days substitute some P90X strength workouts (or as others have suggested you could do ChaLEAN Extreme hybrid schedule, if you have it). This is such a fun workout that you're going to love and enjoy!! :-)

Ciao.