All vegan diet - Freelee the banana girl

Options

Replies

• meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    cool guys thanks.....

ya when you watch her videos she steers you into thinking her diet is the best and everyone hates fat people and such
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    You forget that Freelee is also a cyclist and runner and she exercises every single day, one hard session in the morning and usually a walk with her dog in the afternoon. Yes, I've watched her daily video blogs and this is what I noticed...! Sure, you can eat as much as you want but you're still gonna have to exercise it off. Freelee also used to have an eating disorder; I think this way of overeating till you are way point the past of full is a part of it. The only difference is binging on fruit...!

All of this.

The girl suffered from anorexia and bulimia in the past and still seems to be promoting bingeing and purging with exercise in simply a different guise. I am sure she also claimed losing her menstrual cycle for months was a good thing...

Still she looks good I suppose which is all that counts right?
  • ColeCake292012
    ColeCake292012 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This be old news, brah.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm not completely sure, but I'm pretty sure that "eating 30 bananas a day" is actually a euphemism.

Euphemism?
  • meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    This be old news, brah.

cool story, brah.....i was not asking if it was old or new, but thanks for your input anyways
  • mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Two previous threads on this.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1308353-banana-girl?hl=freelee+banana+girl+&page=1#posts-20218523
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1415847-raw-vegan

I don't think there's anything wrong with eating raw vegan. However, the diet that is promoted by Freelee seems unhealthy and I think it's important to research the source if you are going to follow a diet. She has a history of eating disorders (not judging just mentioning this) and what she is doing seems like maybe another form of that. She also lost her period for 9 months which indicates this diet was probably harming her body. She probably started with good intentions but anytime someone is making money off of their advice it's important to remember that they could be biased or not sharing all the facts. You could probably get similar results that are less harmful to your body by eating a balanced raw vegan diet (as opposed to eating dozens of bananas for a meal as she does) and exercising on a regular basis. Good luck on your journey.
  • jfboomer
    jfboomer Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This be old news, brah.

cool story, brah.....i was not asking if it was old or new, but thanks for your input anyways

I think her point was that if you did a search on the forums you would find an agonizing number of topics on "Freelee the nutter"
  • cdoesthehula
    cdoesthehula Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I've just found her website. :noway:

I would not have believed she existed without having read about her first.

Do people really do that?
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    She gives raw foodists a bad name.

I went raw on the advice of my doctors- I have terrible allergies and the pharmaceuticals, while controlling the hives, itching, and sinus pain, left me feeling like a zombie. I have been raw for 9 years now, and, while I am free of allergy symptoms, I slowly gained 50 pounds. I ate whatever I wanted, and lots of raw food, from burgers to dressing and sauces to cheesecake, is mainly comprised of nuts.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    30 medium bananas per USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference:

3150 calories
    38.7g protein
    11.7g fat
    432.9g carbohydrates
    93g fiber
    432.9g sugars

Okay, so if you don't die from too much potassium screwing up your kidneys, you'll screw up your liver and pancreas with the sugars -- and of course, you'll sh-t your brains out from so much fiber, meanwhile you'd need to cycle at 14-16 mph daily for about 3 hours to burn off all those extra calories.

Oh, yeah. That sounds healthy and sustainable.
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    and just imagine how many goddam fruit flies she must have in her house with all those cases of rotting bananas laying around.
  • live2dream
    live2dream Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    LOL she doesn't eat only bananas. She eats a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, and now is not even 100% raw. She has switched to a 'Raw till 4' diet that is primarily fruit for breakfast and lunch and a low fat vegan meal at night. I don't support her idea of eating 3000 calories a day and telling everyone they will lose weight doing that. Like others said, you still have to work out A LOT. She biked across the country. But still, she claims she doesn't work out much anymore and somehow stays thin. Definitely wouldn't work for everyone. I tried it for a few weeks and it was too much so I adapted my own version with less calories and more variety.

I prefer a balanced vegan diet with tons of variety, raw and cooked. It's delicious and I feel amazing (when I don't eat too much processed foods).
  • Yakelmeyer
    Yakelmeyer Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

I have 2 points:
    1) calories in vs calories out
    2) macros

Summary: vegan food is still food hence it has calories and must fit within the balance of the macros.

Sincerely,

A vegan person
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    ...she called JennaMarbles fat?! Disliking her even more now.

Not in so many words... but essentially, yes. When the internet discovered that Jenna was no longer following a mostly-vegan diet, this chick was the first to step out and talk about how "bloated" and "unhappy" she looked.

How dare she speak of Jenna Marbles in such a way!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    and just imagine how many goddam fruit flies she must have in her house with all those cases of rotting bananas laying around.

bahaha that is hilarious. She must sleep with a fly swatter.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there is something bad about too much potassium. So, when Banana girl dies from cariac arrest from too much potassium, I'm sure no one will listen.
  • ValGogo
    Options
    banana_despicable_me.gif

Paige is always good for a nice GIF. Thank you. (I love minions.)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    can you really lose weight eating as many calories as you want but having them all come from raw food choices?

That would depend on how many calories you "want."

On a semi-related note, I'm scared to google "banana girl"
  • ValGogo
    Options
    ...she called JennaMarbles fat?! Disliking her even more now.

seriously.....ditto
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    30 medium bananas per USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference:

3150 calories
    38.7g protein
    11.7g fat
    432.9g carbohydrates
    93g fiber
    432.9g sugars

Okay, so if you don't die from too much potassium screwing up your kidneys, you'll screw up your liver and pancreas with the sugars -- and of course, you'll sh-t your brains out from so much fiber, meanwhile you'd need to cycle at 14-16 mph daily for about 3 hours to burn off all those extra calories.

Oh, yeah. That sounds healthy and sustainable.

How can she cycle for that long per day if she's on the toilet all day? Maybe she's got one of those pedal things you use with your own chair and cycles while she's in the bathroom...