Starting over again

Options
I want this to be it! I am tired of dieting. Need to get motivated again, any suggestions!:huh:

Replies

• lkellandmay
    lkellandmay Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Stop dieting and start eating properly.
    Clean out the cupboards of snacks cookies and chips.
    log in to MFP every day and record what you are eating. You will see where you need help.
    I feel what you are going through. I lost 16 pounds then got a stress fracture in my foot... it all came back. directly on my hips :)

Now i am logging my food and exercise and this helps.
    Along with the fantastic support here - you will do great!
    ~Laura
  • same........after my fourth baby was born, i went from 196 at my last check-up down to 135 (my ideal weight) and was ripped, hitting the gym almost every day (weekends off only).......I lost my husband in April- he was killed in a tragic car accident..... and now I'm starting back after gaining 30 lbs. I have to lose about 25-30 pounds to get back into the jeans I feel good in and just feel better about myself in general and be more fit for my kids- I'm all they have now that their Daddy is gone. I have the same problem though- I'm sitting here, feeling so SORE and not in the mood to hit the gym......but I KNOW that once I get there I will feel much better and get moving..... I am also so sick of having to watch what I eat so maybe the gym will help both of us- if we work out we can eat what we want :) Good luck to you !!!!!!
  • GREAT advice..........I find that when I truly enter everything I've eaten, it helps a great deal. I see what I need to cut out and what I need to eat more of etc..... I like the advice of 'stop dieting and start eating right'.... that's what I have to do- just start eating the way I should....MODERATION works for me...
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    Think of it not as a diet but as a lifestyle change.

Track what you eat and drink and stay accountable.
    Get a stack of friends to help.

Oh, and move about a bit too in terms of exercise to shake it up!!!
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    All great advice - remember, the next few months will go by no matter if you workout or not - make them count!
  • Tanie98
    Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    its a lifestyle change,not a diet
  • sumac314
    sumac314 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    love this post - it is true - the time goes by - we chose what we do with that time:smile:
  • fit2bhealthe
    fit2bhealthe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Agree with the lifestyle change. Eat unprocessed foods (no canned or frozen meals and processed sugars), more fruits and vegetables, good cuts of meat/poultry/fish (try more organic if possible). You will feel so much better but it is changing your whole outlook and mindset of food not just for looking better but for feeling better.

Keep up with the logging, it's the only way you will focus on what you eat and how often you workout. We are all on here to better our lives. Good luck! :)