Valentine's Challenge

Replies

• I'm in! I haven't been running because I had knee surgery, but it has been a while and I have dropped some weight so I have wanted to try and work my way up to running as I hear it's a great way to drop inches. It looks like it will take about 2.8 miles everyday to reach the goal, so I will start off walking and hopefully by the end I will be running the whole 2.8! That would be awesome!! I don't know how realistic it is for me, but we will see. I am excited to take on the challenge. :) Let us know when we should check in. Great idea!
  • So, I was just making out a spreadsheet to keep track of my miles and there is actually 7 weeks until V-day. FYI. :)
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    So, I was just making out a spreadsheet to keep track of my miles and there is actually 7 weeks until V-day. FYI. :)

I wasn't counting this week. I was counting after the first of the year! :o) I'm sorry I wasn't more clear!!! :o) lol!
  • TaraMaria
    Elliptical miles totally count! Your sweat, your legs are moving ='s it counts! Ha ha!

Yay! I'm so glad to see so many people interested! Do we want to check in weekly? Every couple of days? :o)

Great! that means I'm in.....I think we should check in whenever we complete miles so everyone can see the progress. If not, everyone should at least check in weekly.

I think you are right! We are on here logging calories anyways, so why not check in here whenever we complete miles? Something like the following example:

Goal: 120 miles

Mon: 3.5 Miles (Running)
    Tue: 0
    Wed: 5.0 Miles (Elliptical)

Total for week: 8.5
    Left to go: 111.5

I just got a journal to keep track of my running for Christmas, one of my favorite presents! But its the same idea, keep track of the miles you've run and how you ran them!

And should we do from Scranton to NYC? Or NYC to Scranton? For those familiar with the show, Jim does leave NYC and come flying back to Scranton to ask Pam on their first date... :o)

Also for those who want a ticker for their siggy for when we get started, they are at tickerfactory.com. Create yours under Exercise & Fitness Ticker. If you create a pin or password on the last page of making it, your computer will send you back to that page to update it so you don't have to make a new one every time you add miles! :o)
  • Tuckersn
    Tuckersn Posts: 149
    This is a great challenge!! I'm in! jogging and walking.
  • reyessam
    reyessam Posts: 15 Member
    Totally down! This would have to be one of the first challenges I've joined since joining MFP! >>EXCITED<<

And I think it'll be a good idea to keep track of our miles here!

I'm excited! I start the first of the year with a 4.4mile run! Woo hoo!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    So, I was just making out a spreadsheet to keep track of my miles and there is actually 7 weeks until V-day. FYI. :)

I wasn't counting this week. I was counting after the first of the year! :o) I'm sorry I wasn't more clear!!! :o) lol!

Is it ok if we start the Challenge today? or Do we start on Jan 1st?
  • So, I was just making out a spreadsheet to keep track of my miles and there is actually 7 weeks until V-day. FYI. :)

Oh ok. :) That makes sense! I will probably still start this week, though, cause I have never taken on anything like this, so I can probably use a headstart! ;)
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    I started today.
    I just started running more and I haven't done more than 13 miles in a week.
    So 120 in six....snaps.
    I'm glad I have seven weeks now!!
  • loveme445
    I also decided to start the challenge today.....

Week 1 (12/27-1/2)

Mon: 5 Miles (Couch to 5k and walking)
    Tue: ~
    Wed: ~
    Thurs: ~
    Fri: ~
    Sat: ~
    Sun: ~

Total for Week 1: 5
    Left to go: 115
    Goal: 120 miles by Valentine's Day
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    im in and ill start on jan 1st or whenever the challenge officially starts...just let us know where u want us to start at scranton or nyc and ill make my ticker once decided how we going to start
  • dwalshb
    dwalshb Posts: 3 Member
    This sounds very doable, even though I have been nothing but a BLOB lately.Just started back on MFP yesterday. I think the goal will be helpful in getting me focused. I'm in-will start Jan 1st.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Love it! I've just decided to do a half-marathon in Baltimore May 15th, so this is good training. Do you have any way to show us on a map how far we've gone between NYC & Scranton every week? That would be a great visual tool. I'm starting today, since I can only run about 10 minutes at a clip.
  • TaraMaria
    This sounds very doable, even though I have been nothing but a BLOB lately.Just started back on MFP yesterday. I think the goal will be helpful in getting me focused. I'm in-will start Jan 1st.

Welcome back to MFP! :o)

GREAT job to those starting now! :o) I will look into a map...I looked at Mapmyrun.com or something along those lines but I don't see a way to put in a long run like that...lol! :o)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    great idea tara. i'm in!
  • loveme445
    Well, it looks like the challenge starts next week? If so, I'll just wait until then to start with the rest of the group. Please let me know...Thanks!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I'm starting now simply because that's a lot of miles to log in 45 days. That's over 3 miles a day without rest days. I always take a day or 2 a week off, so that would be like 5 miles a day, and I can't do that with a bad knee. The only way I can see to finish is to get a few miles done in December.

3 miles on treadmill done, 117 to go!

Besides. If it wasn't for this thread, I wouldn't have done those 3 miles. So, they count because I definitely did them just for this. I was feeling lazy but this got me moving again.
  • just4peachy
    just4peachy Posts: 594 Member
    :love: THE ORTHO CLEARED ME TO RUN TODAY!!!!!!!!! :love:
    I'll be starting in the morning!
  • wanna_be_fit
    wanna_be_fit Posts: 1,516 Member
    I'm in too! How do you get that cool ticker that track your miles?
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Should we post it up if we are starting this week? Or does it not count?
This discussion has been closed.