It seems so unfair

Options
Went on holiday for a week and came back 10 lbs heavier :'(

Replies

• ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Nothing unfair about that. You were on a deficit and presumably ate more while on holiday. Your glycogen stores refilled and your body retained water due to excess salt and carbs.

Give it a week or two of "normal" eating and you'll be back where you started, probably a pound or two less.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 35,000 calories over your maintenance, it's mostly water weight. It should come right back off.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yeah, why do we have to have holidays! And a steady supply of food! I'd love to be able to live in feudal Russia!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you ate out, there was too much sodium in the food, so you gained water weight.

When I fly, I hold water.

That ten pounds may come back down very quickly if you go back to your calorie limit and drink water only.
  • violasmith85
    violasmith85 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    agree with previous poster. Sodium. I gained 2 pounds since yesterday because I ate a sodium high dinner. Drink plenty of water and it should drop off in the next few days.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate 35,000 calories over your maintenance, it's mostly water weight. It should come right back off.

I bet I could manage to do that on vacation.