Hi, I'm Jamie

Options
It seems like I have literally eaten myself into a whole lately. I have used the holidays as a huge excuse to eat whatever I wanted. I have quite a few people in my family that struggle with weight, and I am afraid if it gets too far out of hand, I will never get rid of it. Recently, I was put on a new medication and I gained almost 15 pounds. I am working to make changes in my life that make time for ME! I have two beautiful children and a wonderful husband, but I always put everyone first and I need to make time for myself every day! I am a teacher, so I am on my feet most of the day, I just need to be a little more active and clean up my eating habits! I would much rather have sweets than anything healthy. I am addicted to Diet Coke....guess I need to start the detox process. :) I have signed up for all kinds of websites like this, but always find an excuse as to why it is not convenient enough or whatever. I am looking forward to the Blackberry app...hopefully it won't be too long, and I am encouraged that lots of the foods and activities that I haven't been able to find on other websites where easy to find here. Anyway, that is me....good luck to all the other newbies out there!

Replies

• Lindyteach
    Lindyteach Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you Jamie!
    I have found this sight to be really easy to use and full of great motivating, like minded folks!
    I am a teacher too so I feel a certain kinship with you - All the best!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Hi Jamie,
    congratulations, you took the first step to trying to make a change. I have been with this site for about a month and by far is it the best one yet! Very supportive, and motivational, everyone here is helpful and kind. Yes, now is the time to get started, time for you is important or we tend to lose ourselves and forget to come back to ourselves. Family is important too but if you don't take care of yourself, how will you be able to take care of the important ones in your life????? If you are not healthy and in good shape to do so? I will just say, keep coming back here everyday and take one day at a time. Instead of soda, try orange sunrise Crystal light found at Walmart. I used to be a soda junkie but now all I drink is crystal light and a few sodas here and there. Make small changes, baby steps and you will be on the right track. I have a long journey ahead but logging in my food and exercise keeps me on track. Just keep coming back here, it works if you work it! Good luck.
    Denise
  • jmorgangms
    Options
    Thanks for the positive thoughts! Today was a great day! We took our kids to a children's museum, so there was a lot of walking and playing together. It was a lot of fun and very interactive!
  • SabrinaM85
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

This is a roller coaster of a journey, but this site and the people here are great! Remember to just keep going and even if you slip up today, tomorrow is a new start! Good luck on your journey!

Also, feel free to friend me. :flowerforyou: