Ideas for Leftover Rotisserie Chicken??

Options
2»

Replies

• 4flamingoz
    4flamingoz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Chicken Thai Soup-look it up on pinterest. My daughter made it last night and substituted spaghetti for shirataki noodles-it was the BEST soup!!! Barely any calories as well, and very filling.
  • grdad
    grdad Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Try making soup, this recipe is great but add whatever flavours you like.

http://www.chatelaine.com/recipe/world-cuisine-2/cilantro-lime-chicken-soup/
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Southern Living's Light King Ranch Casserole is my go-to recipe for leftover chicken. Sometimes I roast a chicken just to make it. So good.

Ingredients:
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 large green bell pepper, chopped (optional, use red for extra color)
    canola cooking spray
    2 cups chopped chicken breast (optional, can use full chicken including dark meat if preferred)
    1 can fat free cream of chicken soup
    1 can fat free cream of mushroom soup
    1 can diced tomato & green chiles
    1 tsp chili powder
    1/2 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    12 corn tortillas
    1 8oz block low fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded

Directions:

1. Saute onion, pepper in large skillet coated with cooking spray 5 minutes or until tender
    2. Stir in chicken, soups, chiles, chili and garlic powder. Once warmed through, remove from heat.
    3. Tear tortillas into 1" pieces. Layer 1/3 in the bottom of a 13x9 pan coated with cooking spray. Top with 1/3 chicken mixture, 1/3 cheese. Repeat layers until done, cheese on top.
    4. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes until bubbly. Let the casserole rest 5 minutes out of the oven.

Again, so good.
  • allofme32
    allofme32 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bake a yam/sweet potato. Top with the your chicken. Melt some cheddar cheese on top and pour 2 tablespoons of Russian dressing or any creamy dressing you like. Make sure you only stick to two tablespoons. (dressings can pack on the calories).
    You can opt for low calorie dressing instead. Make a side salad and its a meal. YUM
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Chicken salad!
  • LookingBusy
    LookingBusy Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese Fresh Rolls!

Most grocery stores have the rice paper wrappers in their specialty aisles. Only a couple bucks for a large pack. You can look up tons of recipes online but here is what I do:

- shred the leftover chicken and mix with a little hoisin sauce
    - moisten the rice paper wrapper
    - lay down a piece of lettuce (I use red leaf)
    - fill with chicken, cucumber slices (sliced lengthwise), carrot sticks and sprouts
    - wrap like an egg roll and enjoy
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    Chicken tostadas is yummy too.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    My favourite leftover chicken recipe. Dead easy too.

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/avocado-chicken-salad-50400000120282/
  • Luv2eatSweets
    Luv2eatSweets Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I would add it too the Skinnytaste black bean and butternut squash enchiladas. Yummy