My Pants Don't Fit...

Options
JustinAnimal
JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
...and not in the good way. They're too tight. This problem is complicated, because it involves two things. For one: about two weeks of not being very disciplined with food and alcohol, but not terrible about it either. My wife and I feel that my body doesn't really look a whole lot different, like more fat. The other thing: I started doing strong lifts 5x5 about 3-4 weeks ago, which involves squats every day. The definition I'm seeing in my arms and chest are great, btw!

My pants fit around the waist, but are tight around my thighs. Any chance this has to do with squatting at an increasing amount of weight three times a week? I sure hope I'm pumping out the testosterone and just putting on a bit of muscle mass.

My other question: any chance, with consistent squatting / lifting, that this leg mass will shrink slightly? Like could they be retaining water or are swelling and will go back down slightly? Or are my thighs going to stay large until I finally get rid of the fat? Trying to figure out if I need new, more comfortable pants, or if the old ones will eventually feel comfy again.

I know this is random. Thanks, in-advance, for your help. Have a great day!

Replies

• _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have no good advice for you except to say lose the pants. Pants are so overrated.
  • TheNewPriceIsLoading
    TheNewPriceIsLoading Posts: 2,135 Member
    Options
    You must do that all the time. ^
  • Jim_Barteck
    Jim_Barteck Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Two weeks isn't enough time to gain enough muscle to make that kind of difference unless your pants were already too tight to begin with.

Without weight differentials, changes in BF% or LBM, measurements, etc., no one is going to be able to provide you with any meaningful answers.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    I have no good advice for you except to say lose the pants. Pants are so overrated.

Prove it!!!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Jim. I don't have any of that info right now and haven't done a great job of keeping track. Will do as always and soldier on with the fitness tactics!