How do I keep on a diet with a house full of non dieters?

Options
2»

Replies

• ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm the only one in my house eating low carb. I make it work by making my own meals and eating them. You can either ask what your housemates are cooking for dinner, log it and have a portion, or you can make your own dinner. It's not difficult to diet in a house with non-dieters.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    So my issues are that I drink a replacement meal shake every morning dice I do not have time to fix breakfast for myself. I don't have time at work to snack, but when I get home everyday dinner is already made and I don't know exactly how to count the calories that's in the dinner I am eating. My other issue is that my house is full of people not trying to follow any diet so idk don't know how or what to eat.

What help can you guys give me?

how about eating light during the day and a small portion size of whatever the dinner is and a side salad, with water only. skip the breads or carb sides like pasta/potatoe/rice and load up on the vegies. As far as counting the caloreis, try looking the meals up according to what restaurants may have on their sites and do your best to "match" them with the meal. I know its hard but its doable. just don't call it a diet. say its eating at a deficit and making healthier choices. if you don't want to look obvious in figuring out a portion size rememver to use a fist as a cup size, a thumb as an ounce, a deck of cards as a proper portion of meat, etc. you can find this on the net. good luck
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I've been slowly adding my family recipes to the site and then practicing portion control.