Strength First.

Hi guys! i have never posted to the community boards before despite me coming on and off of MFP... I struggle with logging calories as I have family history of eating disorders and can sometimes get overly focused on food. In my younger days I tipped the scale at about 200 lbs and recently weighed myself at 143. It might seem like success but its so hard for me to see myself out of that 200 lb body, especially with a height of 5'2-3 and carrying my weight in my belly. I am now trying to redirect my thinking and stop comparing myself to those around me. I want to be STRONG not skinny. I want my body to be fit, healthy and ready for anything. I would love for people to help me stay on track and keep a healthy mindset-- building muscle and dropping about 15 more lbs of fat. I'd love to exchange tips for workouts and fun meal ideas.

Friend requests welcome!

Replies

• Choboman
    Choboman Posts: 41 Member
    Welcome to the group Katyrosedid. Great that you've got a healthy goal in mind, and congratulations on making such huge progress so far. Do you have any particular activities or sports that you're enthusiastic for? I think it'll be easier for us to stay on track if we can do something that we're passionate about.