Pizza!!!!!!!!

lizzy_fatana
lizzy_fatana Posts: 3
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
My parents know I am dieting, so what do they do but bring home my absolute calorie ladden weakness, a meats pizza, 300 calories a slice! Well last night I did really well not eating any and just went to bed. But then I woke up at 5 and ate a slice. Not only did I break a promise to myself but now I feel physically bad. I usually eat a coupl,e Tums when I get hungry, but now had to eat some Tums on top of the pizza just to make my stomach chill. I thought just going to sleep was a good way to avoid it, but I still ate it. What do you do to avoid excessive snacking?

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Make a decision on foods you want to stay away from that you are having a hard time with and simply stay away! Nope, it's not easy but it's really the only way unless you're very very good about portioning a small healthy size portion out of the junk food. But if it's a red flag food, and it's still a danger zone food to you? Might be best to simply not go near it until it's lost it's power over you.

As far as snacks, keeping healthy snacks on hand, ready made in the fridge to eat. Instead of eating the delivery pizza, create a delicious veggie Pita pizza when you know the rest of the gang is gonna have pizza. It's actually way better without all the grease:wink: Flat-Out Bread makes a good pizza crust and then you add whatever you like on it, far better tasting, healthier and definitely doesn't make you crave grease and carbs later on.:wink:

Eating Tums when you're hungry?? Why?????? Maybe it's just me but I prefer real food. :laugh: I'm not so sure I'd be happy eating Tums as a meal myself. Never even thought to look it up in the food database... hm, guess it's in there now:drinker:

How about real food when you're hungry??:wink: Just a thought:flowerforyou:
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    I try not to get out of bed in the middle of the night, or if I have to, I totally prohibit myself going to the kitchen and I just drink water.
  • sherylhs
    sherylhs Posts: 141 Member
    If it's a battle you absolutely can't win, then plan for it in your calories and eat a piece. Trust me, when you account for those calories it will not taste as good as you remember. Eat is slowly and really taste the pizza... after all that is what you are craving, right?

At least this is how I handle it. For me, the next time that kind of 'controling' food just doesn't seem to have the same power.

This is a lifestyle change for me and I'm not planning on living without pizza so I work with it. Once I realized that pizza wasn't as good as I remember I came up with a substitute. I use a healthy flour tortilla, pizza sauce, low fat mozz cheese and some turkey pepperoni. I log it and really enjoy it

Everyone handles these little things differently, this is how I cope.

Good luck.
    ~S
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    But the good news is, you ate it at the BEGINNING of your day of activity, so there is plenty of time to use those 300 calories up in some form of exercise. Sometimes, when there is a sweet that I want, I will save it for breakfast instead of letting it sit in my belly. That gives me an extra incentive to get active that day. Whatever you do, don't feel guilty. That messes with your stress hormone and weight loss. Rather, the next time, save it til the morning, then savor every single bite, enjoy it, and then get your butt moving :)
This discussion has been closed.