aurg. disappointed in myself

Options
Aurg. I'm so disappointed in myself. I've been doing really well lately, but today I just couldn't resist cake.

Somehow I rationalized this in my head and took 1 square in (from the middle, so there wasn't as much frosting!) of cake and I ate it in like 4 bites.

Thankfully I had enough cals for it and I'm going to the gym tonight, but geeze, why can't I say no to cake?

:grumble:

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    Aurg. I'm so disappointed in myself. I've been doing really well lately, but today I just couldn't resist cake.

Somehow I rationalized this in my head and took 1 square in (from the middle, so there wasn't as much frosting!) of cake and I ate it in like 4 bites.

Thankfully I had enough cals for it and I'm going to the gym tonight, but geeze, why can't I say no to cake?

• desirea2006
    desirea2006 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Don't feel too bad... I broke and had a kit kat today. I think it happens to the best of us. LOL Just make sure you spend a few extra minutes at the gym tonight. Cake sure is yummy... but don't forget that is what got us here to begin with.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    becasue we grew up in a time and place where it was rude to say no...well that was my excuse.. but a small piece won't kill you... and .... dont be disappointed or discouraged..were looseing weight to better ourselfs... not deprive ourselfs...so if once in a blue moon u have cake... enjoy it as you eat it... thats my philosophy of it...... enjoy and good luck:flowerforyou:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

because it's AWESOME--

I feel ya.

To me it sounds like you're doing really good- you only had one piece, and like you said, you had the cals, so fageddaboutit
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you had pretty good self-control to me (considering you COULD have eaten the rest BUT that square from the middle)! BUT, one piece of cake isn't going to throw you off completely now is it??? IS it??? OF COURSE NOT!!!!

You'll be fine!!!!! :wink:
  • uwhuskygirl
    Options
    It's sitting here in the middle of our meeting table and it's starting at me.

It won't stop staring at me! :grumble:

No more cake! :noway:
  • Manda86
    Options
    Sounds like you had pretty good self-control to me (considering you COULD have eaten the rest BUT that square from the middle)! BUT, one piece of cake isn't going to throw you off completely now is it??? IS it??? OF COURSE NOT!!!!

You'll be fine!!!!! :wink:

yeah, I totally would've gone for an edge piece...

:blushing:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options

Throw it out!!!!
    put the old coffee grounds on top of it!, Empty the sink drainer on it! YUK! Won't want to eat it then!:laugh:
  • uwhuskygirl
    Options

Throw it out!!!!
    put the old coffee grounds on top of it!, Empty the sink drainer on it! YUK! Won't want to eat it then!:laugh:

I wish I could, but there are like 8 other people in this meeting with me and they might think I'm crazy. But I really want to.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

Keep thinking this: the person who made it sneezed all over it & has hepatitis A-D. :sick:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options

Throw it out!!!!
    LMAO :laugh: :laugh: That's great.. I will do that next time i dont watn to finish something good... NICE WORK jenbar
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    A little bit of what you fancy does you good so dont feel guilty!

Pamela :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Little enjoyments should be enjoyed. Don't hate yourself!! Realize what you did, what you're going to do to avoid it in the future, and move on. Gettin mad at yourself won't let you learn :smile:

:flowerforyou: Good luck!
    M
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Everyone deserves a reward. I read somewhere than when trying to maintain self-control, but coming across something you really want, then only take three bites. First bite, to see if you like it; second bite, to enjoy it; and the third bite to say good-bye. I try and use this idea often...and make sure i take HUGE bites :wink:
  • Manda86
    Options
    Everyone deserves a reward. I read somewhere than when trying to maintain self-control, but coming across something you really want, then only take three bites. First bite, to see if you like it; second bite, to enjoy it; and the third bite to say good-bye. I try and use this idea often...and make sure i take HUGE bites :wink:

I like that! That's a good idea
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    you do have to treat yourself or when you do give in after avoiding temptation it wont be pretty at all plus we are addicted to sugar so that may be the case, next time split a piece with a friend...swear it works!!!!