Wii Dance 2

Options
I got the wii Dance 2 for Chrismtas. It's lots of fun. My question, is the calories correct? it seems like alot.

Replies

• AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    :tongue: I just got it myself. Idk how "on" it is with calories TBH. But let m know when you find out! :bigsmile:
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Probably not :)

Charmagne
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    For me, most of my Wii games under-report calories in comparison to my HRM. That said, I typically bounce and jump and dance during all the breaks, so that could explain the discrepancy :wink:

I don't have Wii Dance 2 though ... :sad:
  • KimA1
    KimA1 Posts: 47
    Options
    I don't think it is correct. Seems like a lot to me too. Does anyone have a calorie burning heart rate monitor they can compare?
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Dance 2 and a heart rate monitor. The calories on the Wii are much higher than what my HRM says. There is no way they can accurately calculate your individual burn on the wii. A HRM is the only way to have a more accurate calculation and even that is variable based on the quality of your HRM. Dance 2 sure is fun! I do it with my daughter!
  • ErinB
    ErinB Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I plan to buy this in a few days. I can't wait! lol :)
  • Losingforlife1
    Losingforlife1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I ordered zumba and dance 2. It's really snowy and I can't go for walks and the elliptical machine is getting a bit boring. I figure these games will give me something different to do to get my cardio in.
  • Dreamcyn
    Dreamcyn Posts: 12
    Options
    I just rented this game, and I was wondering this too. You collect "Sweat Points", so I was wondering if anyone's figured out if those can convert to calories somehow?