new pro points??

Options
I am currently trying to forge through a plateau, (down to losing .4 for the last two weeks) and was thinking about trying the new WW pro points plan for a couple weeks. Can someone tell me what the new formula is and how to do it so I don't have to go to an actual meeting and pay for all the materials.
Thanks!

Replies

• mlwalters
    Options
    I would like to know this too.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    First, losing .4 is not a plateau. That's called losing weight. A plateau is when you stay the same weight for like 3 or 4 weeks.

Sorry, had to get that out. :smile:

Ugh, I hate when I put a smiley and accidentally post before I'm done.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, try this calculator to calculate the new points for foods. They now take protein, carbs, fat and fiber into consideration.

http://www.wijvallenaf.nl/Weight-Watchers/ProPoints-Calculator.html

Also, because the points for foods have gone up, the points you can have during each day have gone up. 29 is the limit (kinda like 1200 calories should be the limit if you're counting calories) and the extra weeklies have gone up to 49 I think. As far as I know, there's no way to calculate how many points you need per day except by going to a meeting or by buying the new calculators they sell at the meetings (or on ebay).
  • klw14
    klw14 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am not exactly sure what the formula is, however I follow the WW points plus program on my own as well. The way that I calculate the points in things is through an app on the Android Market. If you don't have an Android phone, you could probably find one on the internet, it just wouldn't be as handy. The new program uses Protein, Carbs, Fat, and Fiber to calculate points. The minimum number of points a person gets per day is 29, which is if you have 60 or fewer pounds to lose I believe. The weekly points range is about 35-45 I think? I never use those. All fresh fruits/veggies are point free, besides potatoes, corn, and peas (because of the starch). I have a friend who pays for WW so she keeps me up to date on all the changes!

Hope this helps :)