Working out = Constant Hunger

Options
2»

Replies

• alligatorrawr
    alligatorrawr Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    if you are starving all the time you will get weaker and your body will start taking some protiens from your muscle. (even if you have plenty of fat stores like me!!) So if a the pb and almond milk worked for you than stay with that!!! that's an extra 150 and lots of protien your body needs to rebuild :) For me it was a glass of whole milk. Your body does need a certain amount of fats and since I wasn't getting it in my food the whole milk for some reason is what I wanted and I always felt great after :)
  • BenjaminS_Fitness
    Options
    For me it was a pain to eat 4 meals a day when i started. (fat with very low appetite)
    Now i gotta go with low calorie filling foods like salat to cut on 3000cals because i'm hungry all the time.
  • farmerpam1
    farmerpam1 Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if I bike or hike hard, I find it makes me hungry. I eat more, figure my body needs the fuel. Good to read what others have said, I will try adding a bit more fat and see how that works. Normally I fill up on protein.
  • mercurysfire
    mercurysfire Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i have to graze all day. i also eat more protein and fat, cut back a little on the carbs. i do eat them but i get them mostly from veggies and grain, fruit. not so much breads.also- drink your water.
    i find if i eat carby breakfast, it kinda sets the tone for the whole day. i crave them endlessly. if i save it more for later snacks or lunch/dinner, i don't crave it and i stay sated pretty well through the day. but i do have a snack about an hour before my workout-carb/fat/protein. and i don't wawste any time on getting dinner fixed afterward either. :D
    the denser the food is, the longer that full sensation will last.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i always eat before bed - i used to wake up starving and even dizzy, but started having a bowl of cereal just before i went to sleep. the bottom line - if you work out, your body will need more.