Need ideas for snacks

Options
emdeesea
emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
Hi everyone,

I am trying very hard to cut down on my carb intake. I love carbs, probably a little bit too much.

I'm looking for ideas for a snack when I'm at work - about mid morning when I get the munchies.

My cut down is for no other reason than I would like some higher protein options that will stick with me for longer than something carb oriented.

My usual go-tos are things like cheese, an egg, nuts, peanut butter, hummus, etc. But it's easy to get bored with those.

Can anyone give me some ideas of something easy I can make up and take to work with me the next day? I do have a microwave I can use for heating something up.

Thanks!

Replies

• Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with protein powder tastes great! Also there are peanut butter protein balls are well you can make. Or you can buy greek yogurts and quest bars for a low fat low carb high protein snack
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Lite salami - 60 calories for 8 slices.

Veggie plate with hummus - red bell peppers and cucumbers, especially. 160 calories for a medium red bell pepper, 1 c cucumber coins and 3 oz cherry tomatoes with 1 oz of hummus.

4 oz of grilled chicken (120 calories).

Deli turkey spread with cream cheese and rolled up, maybe?

An apple with an ounce of cheese and maybe a 7 (whole) walnuts?

Those (except for the deli turkey) have been my "go to" for close on 90 days now.

Emma

Emma