Anyone else get grumpy when...

kimmiebear70
kimmiebear70 Posts: 384 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
you're all ready to exercise and then you can't?:angry: Ever since my kids started Christmas break, I just haven't been able to get exercise in before they get up. I thought maybe this morning I would get to, but the 4 yr old woke up early. Ugh. :grumble: She's just gonna have to do some aerobics with me today. I haven't exercised in several days and I'm seriously irritated!

Okay.... done venting. :ohwell:

Replies

• YES!!!! bless your heart, yes she would be working out with me as well. I get so super irritated now when I don't get my work out in so I don't miss no matter what. If I have to get up extra early or stay up super late, I will get my cardio in even if that's all I get in. I pray you get to ASAP.
  • I get that way too! Or if I'm exercising at home and I suddenly have to stop.

While the kids are home we do a lot of exercise together or I just get my exercise in when I go teach a class (I teach water aerobics & aqua Zumba) &/or do it at home after they go to bed.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    I was frustrated during my vacation because I thought I will be killing this exercise thing and I will be close to finishing my walking challenge, but the opposite is what actually happened. I want up sleeping late on some nights, therefore oversleeping in the morning (I get more exercise done while my daughter is sleeping, but we were waking up close to the same amount of time). I was also very busy preparing for the Christmas, and I had a couple of days I babysat several kids. It's looking like I get more exercise done when I am not on vacation because I would go on walks during my lunch break and will quickly sneak into the gym before I pick up my daughter.
  • I decided to get up and run on the treadmill while the kids were sleeping in. Next thing I know they are standing there staring at me. I tried not to get upset, but of course they kept trying to talk to me while I was running. I ended up huffing out, "your father is awake, go ask him!" I felt bad later, but it was hard to run with children standing there demanding your attention at a full run. .....I was grumpy that my workout was being effected. :explode:
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 494 Member
    oh yes. I have to shut my bedroom door otherwise I got kids and a cat trying to invade my already small space. :grumble: Or sometimes when Im in the middle of an intense move and it's taking all I got to hold that position or keep moving..there goes a knock on my door. I scream "I NEED A COUPLE MORE MINUTES" :mad: and I feel horrible but I need to keep it up...so I just praise them for giving me my time and usually they will leave me be for that amount of time next time cuz they understand I'm trying to slim down. :blushing:
  • kiuney
    kiuney Posts: 68
    Yep, me too. That is my time. Do not bother me. :)
  • When I miss a workout, I actually get depressed.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Oh yes! I have a 5 month old so he requires a whole lot of time and attention...which I love giving him BUT I hand him over to his daddy for about 30 minutes every afternoon so I can do my workout. And let me tell you, there is nothing more aggravating to me than my husband interrupting my workout for things like:
    Husband: "honey, I think he just pooped"
    Me: "Ok. And?"
    Husband: "oh uh...where are the wipes?"
    Me: "the same place they always are"
    Husband: "oh, okay"
    5 minutes later....
    Husband: "honey, I think he's getting hungry"
    Me: "so feed him"
    Husband: "how do I mix this formula again?"
    Me: "READ THE CAN!!!"

But despite it all, God I love my boys! lol!
  • I do the same to my wife.
  • JuicyJBaby3
    JuicyJBaby3 Posts: 123 Member
    Oh yes! I have a 5 month old so he requires a whole lot of time and attention...which I love giving him BUT I hand him over to his daddy for about 30 minutes every afternoon so I can do my workout. And let me tell you, there is nothing more aggravating to me than my husband interrupting my workout for things like:
    5 minutes later....

Yes... you gotta love em.. no matter how much they can hit that 1 nerve..
  • DixieDarlin1987
    5 minutes later....

Yes ma'am, it's the truth! They remind me everyday that I'm NEEDED...and I'm so very glad for that!
  • BigGail
    BigGail Posts: 465 Member
    My little girl did a bit of turbo jam with me today, and when I do press ups she just climbs on top of me and shouts "faster Mummy - up, down, up, down!"
    I have started using her as a chest press now - if you can't beat them join them!
  • kimmiebear70
    Sigh..... I feel much better now! 15 minutes of walk aerobics does wonders. Sophie (the 4 yr old) joined me for awhile after she ate the breakfast I made for her.
  • kimmiebear70

With 3 kids they each hit a different nerve! ha ha ha! Yep, gotta love em!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    I get severely annoyd when I cant. Seems like thats when the wife wants to talk too. Usually I wait til the baby is sleep and wife occupied
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    5 minutes later....

bhahhahaha sounds like your husband and mine could be related lol
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    When my kids were little and I missed a workout, I would put them in the double stroller and go for a fast paced walk. If I couldn't walk outdoors because of the weather, I would go to the local mall and do laps there. The deal with the kids was that if they behaved during my walk, we would go to a movie or a romper gym something special afterwards. I'd get my exercise and they get their fun activity.

I do get very grumbly when I cannot work out... either do to sickness or injury. Since my kids are now teens, I have much more freedom... and sometimes they even join me for my workout.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    5 minutes later....

bhahhahaha sounds like your husband and mine could be related lol

Oh bless your heart if you're husband is like mine....It's like having two kids sometimes lol
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Yes, that is when I leave the kids with my husband or my boss and forget my cel phone and go for a run.

The other thing they do - I tell them "I'm working out, don't call me" and they always call about 10 minutes left in my exercise.

You so are not alone!
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    5 minutes later....

hahaha that so funny !! READ THE CAN !
This discussion has been closed.