Question?

Options
I would like to know for anyone who watches extreme weight loss. I would like to find a fitness plan like that where I have to lose a certain amount of weight in a 2-3 month periods, I think this would help my schedule really well , I was just wandering if anyone knew of any diets like this besides the one they use on the show.

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I don't think you will get too many takers. It's against My Ftiness Pal rules to promote very low calorie diets.

Losing xx pounds by xx date is like setting yourself up for failure. Let's say you lost 15 pounds instead of 18....is that failure? No, that's success.

This thread has tons of useful info (steps off soapbox):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I don't think you will get too many takers. It's against My Ftiness Pal rules to promote very low calorie diets.

Losing xx pounds by xx date is like setting yourself up for failure. Let's say you lost 15 pounds instead of 18....is that failure? No, that's success.

This thread has tons of useful info (steps off soapbox):

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

This++++
  • JosephJ1983
    JosephJ1983 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    im not trying to promote anything against MFP, I was just wandering what the closest diets that are like that
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Yeah man, you won't find that here, those are administered by medical staff.

If you want one and to do it right, you'll want to have your doctor put you on it there.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    im not trying to promote anything against MFP, I was just wandering what the closest diets that are like that

MFP (MyFitnessPal) won't work this way. MFP as designed gives you a "net" number of calories based upon a weekly goal. MFP will bottom out at a 1400 (or 1500) for men, not sure which. When you log exercise into MFP you are "awarded" additional calories. MFP expects you to eat these calories too....that's what net means. This keeps your original deficit. The reason for this is really aggressive diets make it hard to maintain lean muscle (unless you are obese). MFP assumes people want to lose fat (just fat).

TV "reality" shows aren't reality at all. Biggest Loser contestants do all kinds of things (sauna suits, laxatives, etc.).....and a "week" is really at least 10 days.

I've tried "diets" ......eat XX and not XX. I lost weight using them (eating foods I may not have liked) and now here I am (again). Now, instead of dieting, I'm working on lifestyle changes. Things that I can bring forward to maintenance. I don't exercise like crazy, because that's not going to be my lifestyle. I don't attempt to eat "clean" because again that's not going to be my lifestyle. I'm looking for small permanent changes.
  • jazzie_red
    jazzie_red Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to do that to yourself?

It never lasts, it never works in the long run.

I am the queen of the uppy downies... So I know from experience.

Save yourself the trouble and just start cutting out the bad stuff.