Hello

Hi there,
I am wanting to lose some weight and am having probs with my diet and motivation... I try to walk 3 miles per day and am currently "training" for a 5K.. I try to consume 1200 to 1500 calories each day.. Will this help me in my weight loss?? (my diet is not the best, but I try to stay under 1200).

Replies

• oarngesi
    oarngesi Posts: 73 Member
    It should youll need to look up what you should be eating calorie wise to lose weight. But eating a bunch of junk food probably won't help you much in your training. Either way welcome and there are plenty of people here too help keep you motivated.
  • thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Unless you are under 5' you should be around 1400. Are you logging accurately....weighing food? If you hit that calorie goal and 30 min of exercise you will lose.You can add me if you'd like!
  • RockLissa
    RockLissa Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, Well I've lost about 60 pounds!! I started running and found that I totally enjoy it!! Did several 5k's, a 46 mile hike and now working towards my first half marathon in about 3 weeks!! Still working on belly fat which is hard...
  • delboyholmes123
    delboyholmes123 Posts: 50 Member
    Training in the morning before you eat works great for burning fat. Ultimately diet is king. Someone said this to me so now I'm going to share it with you coz it's very true. "You can't out run a bad diet". Good luck hun x
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    I wouldn't suggest going under 1200. 1200 is the minimum amount considered safe so I'd really suggest entering your stats in to MFP or here --> https://www.supertracker.usda.gov/bwp/ and find out what your calorie allowance should be. I definitely wouldn't recommend guessing your intake as you could be out by quite a few hundred calories! Secondly, don't worry too much of what your diet consists of - losing weight is all about being at a calorie deficit.

Good luck with the training!