Ladies, 9 Weeks Gluten & Dairy Free- Seeing Results!!

Options
I just want to start by telling you a little but about me.
I am 44, I hike 4 to 5 miles (5 days a week), I drink a glass or two of wine every night, I like to cook, I like to eat, I used to have a HUGE sweet tooth. I am not a fitness freak but I am not a couch potato.

Ok...so I decided to go gluten an dairy free about 9 weeks ago because I have been carrying around an unwanted 20 pounds for the last 7 years. As a result, by removing these types of calories from my diet I am beginning to really slim down. It did take about 7 weeks before I personally started to notice though but after that point it's kicked into over drive. Take note I did not go out and replace the gluten and dairy that was previously in my diet with "gluten free" and "dairy free" products you can buy at the grocery store. That stuff is pure junk food. I like to cook so I saw this as an opportunity to tune up my skills in healthy cooking. Being 1/2 Italian giving up bread and cheese and...hello pasta was hard but only for the first 2 weeks. I no longer have cravings at all for bread or cheese, only if i really, really think about it can i talk myself into thinking I am craving it. There are also other benefits. I no longer get STARVING a couple hours after each meal and my digestion has been excellent.

I just wanted to say this isn't hard and it's an easy way to slim down, especially if you are into cooking. I could see it being harder if you din't like to cook. I still drink my wine at night but basically, I eat lots of street tacos (I live in LA), fresh soups (lentils, split pea), grilled chicken, salads w/ pine nuts, apples, arugula & tomatoes w/ olive oil and balsamic, eggs, avocado, fruit & almond milk smoothies, rice, beans, vegetables, sushi (w/o soy sauce), grilled meat & fish & lots, lots more. IT's not hard!

I have lost 7 pounds and it really shows because I am only 5'4''. I don't count my calories and in fact I kind of eat a lot but without bread and dairy the meals are way less heavy.

So there ya have it. If you can stick to gluten and dairy free, it works.

Anyway, just thought I would share this with whoever wanted to read it.

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Hey, if you like that way of eating go for it.

I happen to love apple pie bagels with cream cheese and lost weight so. Either way works. Do what is sustainable long term. It's not a race to a finish, it's a process.

Congratz on finding something that works for you
  • ponyvillalobos
    ponyvillalobos Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive feedback. I do truly feel
    like I found something that works for me. I like the freedom
    of not having to count my calories! Yummmm apple pie and bagels!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: ultimately, I feel we all have to make decisions that are best for the rest of our lives. It's what a lot of people miss when they try to lose weight/get fit. They see it black and white rather than the gray areas. I'm normally one to advocate moderation in all things but assuming you're maintaining a healthy caloric amount, fueling your body right, and don't feel deprived. It's really win/win
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: ultimately, I feel we all have to make decisions that are best for the rest of our lives. It's what a lot of people miss when they try to lose weight/get fit. They see it black and white rather than the gray areas. I'm normally one to advocate moderation in all things but assuming you're maintaining a healthy caloric amount, fueling your body right, and don't feel deprived. It's really win/win
    This. Do what makes you happy and is something you can work with and tweak as needed.
    Your list of what you DO eat sounds yummy and satisfying, so yes, win/win for you.
    (and expect a lot of flack and animated gifs)
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Oh how I miss the glutens & dairies. I :heart: them, they hate me.