BOSU Exercises

LM_710
LM_710 Posts: 8
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got a BOSU for xmas and am wondering what everyone's favorite exercises are???

Thanks!!

Replies

• Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Some good ones for me are side crunches. Sit sideways with the bosu a little lower than the curve of your waist. Then just do crunches like that. What makes it really challenging is keeping you head and chest up and your body straight. It really works your core.

I also like mountain climbers on the bosu. When you put your hands on the bosu and "run" with your legs. Pulling your knee to your chest and then alternating legs. Either side of the bosu works. The round side is a little easier. My trainer had me do 10 steps and then jump up in the air and then 10 more. I think I did 40 altogether.

There are lots of ways to use a Bosu. When we buy a house, I am definitely going to have one in my work out room!

You can look up videos of different exercises to give yourself ideas.
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    what is BOSU?
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    SQUATS!!! :bigsmile: (Flip it over and stand on the platform)
    Push-ups
    And for lack of a better term Step ups

Curious to see what everyone else recommends! :drinker:
  • 35again
    35again Posts: 46 Member
    Stand on the "squishy" side and do bicep curls, is great for core/balance training while working your arms. Tou can also do tricep kickbacks this way.

Also just learning to stand on one foot on it.
  • guardup
    guardup Posts: 230
    I like to do most of my Bosu exercises with the squishy part down. Warning: Some of these are considered advanced exercises and you should get someone to help you with them who knows how to do them safely.

1) Push ups with the round part down and my hands on the edges. Usually also have my feet up on something above my head to add weight to my shoulders.

2) Jumping from upside down bosu to another one. This is tricky and can cause injury if you don't have excellent balance. I snowboard... so I use this to keep my balance in shape in the off season.

3) Stand one upside down bosu with one foot in the middle. Lift other leg straight out, hold. Then out to side, hold. Then out to back, hold.

4) Place upside down bosu on floor. Another right-sided bosu on top of that. Kneel and balance. I do this when I can't get an exercise ball at the gym.

Lots more of exercises online.
This discussion has been closed.