Supposedly going to 'lose' after overeating? Wtf?

Options
1,600 calories or something. Maybe 1,900 without the exercise. I'm short, I only lose eating around 1000 a day. I make sure I get enough protein, vitamins ect on that. Why does this site say I'll lose when I've eaten that much, is it even possible to have it say I'll gain?
Also, is their a height adjuster or somewhere to put actual BMI? This can't be right.

Replies

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    Unless there is metabolic damage, as long as you I put your stats correctly the site gives a reasonable approximate.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If you're still eating below your maintenance level you'll lose.

I'm assuming you set it to 2 pounds a week? That sounds like it's too aggressive a goal for you.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Age, weight, goal weight, height would probably be helpful.

I'm voting for 1000 calories not being enough. What is enough protein, fat, and fiber to you? I'm 5'3.5 " and maintain at 2350 at 120 lbs, so it really depends on a lot of factors.

1000 and below is considered a VLCD and could result in permanent damage if held there for extended periods of time without having some medical condition or doctor supervision. It is not ideal and very difficult, I want to say impossible to get proper nutrition on that calorie amount. VLCD is against MFP's terms of service, so that's why you get that message.