So close to 100 pounds... gone!

Options
Hi! I love the MFP community, so I'm posting this really looking for more friends and support.

Anyway, hiiii, I'm Chelsea. I never logged my highest weight on here, but I know it was way into the 300s earlier this year, and earlier this week I weighed in at 231. So, I'm getting really close to the 100 pounds lost mark. It's kind of freaking me out, to be honest. So, how did I do it? That's what people keep asking. I think I began to change when I challenged myself to a hot yoga class a year ago. I barely made it through the class, and wasn't really ready to make a change, but it kept nagging at me. Then I booked a trip to Mexico in January and knew that I wanted to zipline, but also knew there's no way I'd fit the weight criteria. Having to miss out such a fun opportunity really did something to my head.

I started the best way I knew how (at the time, of course) by not logging, eating low carb with lots of veggies and fats but no fruits, etc., going back to hot yoga, and throwing my scale away. I weighed myself at a friends before the trip to find myself well within the limits for ziplining and figured why stop there? I became interested in clean eating and trying to cut out super refined items from my diet. I also began to work with an amazing (affordable) personal trainer in June and we focus strictly on lifting... one of my new obsessions. I'm serious, the small changes add up and you find yourself yearning for different ways to work out, how to eat the most food for the least amount of calories (I'm looking at you veggies.) and most of all, you really learn to love yourself. I certainly do not have it all figured out, but I try to be more reasonable than I've allowed myself to be in the past (I mean, I'm over my calories for today.)

The pictures I took on the first day of this change are freaky, but I'm really proud of how well J.Crew makes their tops stretchy because that is the same top nine months later! Ha! I hate the words that are about to come out of my mouth, but seriously, add me so we can support each other! I love y'all! :flowerforyou:

IMG_3329_zps15ec7774.jpg

IMG_3328_zpse6bce45a.jpg

Replies

• sabineliebling
    Options
    Your hair looks cuter too. :) Great work! You look amazing!
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look awesome :)
  • taryninoly
    taryninoly Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome :)
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Inspirational. Congrats on your progress. Keep it up.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    Brava!
    Congratulations for the 59-pound loss in only 9 months!

Best Wishes!
  • 10manda86
    10manda86 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    you look awesome... i just want to lose 10kg (22lb) and i'm struggling to control processed foods... particularly chocolate and ice-cream... its like i shouldn't have to give them up, but there is sometimes 200-300 calories i could save if i didn't eat that crap!!!
  • JessicaLynnDouglas
    Options
    Incredible!! Keep at it and you will fly by the 100 gone mark before you know it!!
  • lenny1976
    lenny1976 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job:flowerforyou:
  • pennypuffkin
    pennypuffkin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Keep it up! :) You look fabulous!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Congrats awesome

29509743.png
  • kazwhite2002
    kazwhite2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done. I've just started and this has spurred me on and validated that I'm doing the right thing.
  • Reddynable
    Options
    HI! I have also been working with a trainer for over a year. I love lifting as well. It makes you feel sooo good! And it's so important for general well-being and your metabolism. I need to lose approx 100 lbs., too, and your story is inspiring. Thank you for sharing. You look absolutely wonderful. Keep up the good work!
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent... Congratulations on your loss so far and keep up the great work!

Anybody else reading this post/thread, if you're looking for active and supportive friends on MFP, feel free to send me a friend request (with a short message).
  • pghfood
    Options
    God Bless You!!!! You did an awesome job!!!!!!
    You are definitely an inspiration for many others.
  • thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! You look amazing!!!
  • liberaltendencies
    liberaltendencies Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone! :heart: Your support means so much!
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great work!!! Add me if you would like, I am on a lot and always offering support :)
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    WOW! Really impressive, congratulations.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You are doing great! I love how you really took control over things and have been working diligently to change for the better. Request sent!
  • suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!

Like you, I I decided to do something when I was missing out on something that I really wanted to do. My boyfriend wanted to ride moped/scooters while we were on a weekend get away. I was at one of my heaviest weights - 200 lbs- was was so nervous that I would break the thing that I made up excuse after excuse for us not to go. I promised myself that I would never miss another fun opportunity again and started the journey.

Thanks for your inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!