It's time!

Options
Hello - it's great to be here!

I am a 48 yr old mom and grandma who has finally decided that it's MY time to make my health a priority and keep that thought in focus. I have lost 60- 70 lbs in the last 5 years by slowly learning that I am worth the effort and that it's important to treat myself as good as I was treating others.

I honestly don't know if it's a "woman thing" or just my personality but I tend to forget about my own health and well-being and I turn my efforts to the needs of my family and put my own wants / needs aside when it comes to my diet and exercise. I have lost sight of my personal priorities in the last year or so and I am horrified to discover that about 14 lbs of the weight that I had lost previously has crept back on YIKES! I am TERRIFIED of letting my weight slide any futher up the scale and feel like if I don't get a grip on this now - I could easily return to my old life at 235 plus lbs.

I recently had a heart to heart talk with my family members and they have encouraged me to get back on the bandwagon and do this for me. So...here I am. :smile:

I am motivated to be the healthiest mom / grandma / stepmom / mother-in-law / wife that I can be. I need to make my health a priority if I want to live my life to the fullest.

I am commited to getting back into my exercise routine and making nutrition a priority for my benefit - and therefore for the benefit of my family.

SNOWMOM

Higest weight approx.240
Lowest weight 164 - Feb 2010
Current weight 178 lbs

Replies

• candycana
    candycana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Your post could have been mine....except I'm not a grandma yet. But your comment that Mom's tend to put our own health on the back burner struck home. It's so true. But we must learn to take care of ourselves or we're no good to those we're trying to care for. Hang in there. We can do this!
  • snowmom
    Options
    Hey Cana - It's great to meet you. I enjoyed reading your profile and you're right - our stories are very similar. If I were to post a photo of myself (not ready for that yet) mine would include a dog, or two, or three as well. They are great walking buddies hey.

You're right - we can - and will do this. It's our time!

I'm heading out to shovel and burn some calories. :smile:

Snowmom
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
    That is the hardest thing for women is to
    take care of ourselves plus the family.
    You deserve it. Good luck on your
    journey!!:flowerforyou: