Planning to star Jan 1st and need to lose 30lbs

Options
Hi Everyone!
Looking for support! I want to lose 30lbs and 10lbs per month. Should I eat the recommended 1200cal??

Replies

• upnorthtim
    upnorthtim Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hi there...definitely eat the 1200 calories. You will find it too difficult to eat less. Make sure you addd some exercise too! Good luck to you!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to MFP. I've been on here since August and it's a tremendous resource. I do not use shakes, I prefer to eat my food and chew it and have lost close to 20 lbs. during that time. You will find conflicting advice on here about the 1200 calories. The idea is to have 1200 as a base, do some exercise and eat the base plus those exercise calories. For me, 1200 is too low so I eat 1600 and eat back some of my exercise calories. I don't eat all of them to give myself a cushion in case I don't measure properly. You will need to find what works for you but once you start realizing how many calories are in the food you eat normally, you will modify your diet to get the most "bang for your calorie buck". Good luck and feel free to friend me!
  • ElGordoJUAN
    Options
    Welcome and Happy New year!

Why wait to January 1st? Start now and if you go over your calorie goal... big deal. just try your very best.
    Regarding yoru calorie goal follow, the guidelines provided here and set a realistic goal. (1lb to .5lbs) You wont believe how easy it is.
    Add exercise, and your allowed total calories will increase.

Best wishes.... Happy new year

BTW a little bit about me:
    This year I am turning 40 and I promised myself that by march I will have a six-pack!