Easy vegetable soup

Options
If you are looking for a an easy-to-make, healthy vegetable soup to warm you up during the winter months, I might just have the recipe for you.

Preparation time: 45 mins - 1hr including prep work and cooking.

Ingredients

2 teaspoon olive oil
2 shallots or 1 medium onion
2 zucchinis (one yellow and one green)
1 medium potato
1 cup pinto beans
2 cups mixed veggies that include: snap peas and carrots (ready-to-prep bag available at whole foods)
1/2 cup celery
1 cup chopped, peeled tomatoes
vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon dill
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 bay leaves
juice of half a lemon
salt and pepper to taste

Add the olive oil, potatoes, carrots, celery and paprika into pot over medium heat. Stir for a few minutes until potatoes begin to soften, 4-5 minutes.

Add onions and stir until onions seem translucent.

Add zucchini, peas and spices, and stir for 1-2 minutes.

Add beans, tomatoes, bay leaves and vegetable stock to cover the veggies.

Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes or until all vegetables are cooked.(Don't forget to stir occasionally.)

Remove bay leaves and mix in the lemon juice.

Serve as is, or garnish with sour cream or Greek yogurt and parsley flakes, with crackers on the side.

Secret to peeling tomatoes: put tomatoes in a pot of water and bring them to a boil. Take them off the stove and run them under cold water so you don't burn yourself. The peel will come right off. Or, you can just buy canned tomatoes, but I prefer using fresh ones.

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    :happy:
  • lastchance2010
    lastchance2010 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    sounds delish. I made a chicken veggie soup like this last week and my whole family loved it..i was thrilled. I always like wut I cook, but unfortunately my kids dont. So I try to keep it light and as simple as possible cuz i'm NO chef! :smooched: LOL Thanx for sharing! :drinker:
  • Valqis
    Valqis Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Bump