How do you avoid it?

Replies

• chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same thing
    -Drink water
    -Brush your teeth
    -eat healthy snacks like sugar free jello!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    If I don't have the snacks around that I usually turn to later on at night, I don't snack. Popcorn is a good alternative for me.
  • pursuinghappiness
    Options
    Are you able to keep the junk food out of the house? If so...my thought process:

Out of sight, out of mind, out of body.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I agree with chatal36. Also, and this may just be me, but if you are craving something imparticular and you really are hungry just eat the darn thing (or a bite of it). I have noticed I try and eat something else. Then something else because I am really trying to avoid that one bite of chocolate ice cream. By the time I am done I have eaten enough healthy stuff to add up to the amount of cals that would have been in the one thing I was trying to avoid. Give into cravings here and there just don't go overboard. LOL!
  • MyWishfulShrinking
    Options
    Willpower.
  • melusinagr
    melusinagr Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I make sure I have plenty of fruit in the house, and eat a serving of fruit. If that doesn't satisfy me, I drink lots of water, and chew sugarfree gum. Other than that I just keep myself distracted until bedtime.
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I usually have a small bowl of nuts. The fiber and protein keep me full, and they're full of healthy fats.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I go to bed! Or sometimes I hide out in the tub and soak for a while.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I suffer from the same thing
    -Drink water
    -Brush your teeth
    -eat healthy snacks like sugar free jello!

I agree. except I don't eat jello. I also like to complete my food journal a little early if I can. If I'm under my cals and it's completed it makes me not want to add caloris so I just have more water. I hear peppermint supreses you appite as well.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The only thing that helped for me was going to bed early....
  • atucker0821
    atucker0821 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

that is exactly what i was going to say...i just go to bed...lol...
  • hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I just tell myself I'm not going to eat anything after dinner. I found that I wasn't even hungry late at night, but it became such a habit I was almost tricked into believing I was hungry.

I've been sipping tea or crawling into bed and watching tv. After I get into bed, there's a good possibility I'll be too lazy to get out :)

L.
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    This has been the biggest problem of my weightloss journey. The most helpful thing has just been keeping myself busy until bedtime. And drinking plenty of water. But every night is a struggle. I just remind myself of how awful I feel in the morning if I binged the night before. Food hangovers are terrible!
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options

Me, too!
  • kyliemccartney81
    Options
    I keep my hands and mind busy like playing video games or crocheting, that way I'm not thinking about the food and my hands are too busy to stuff my face anyway! Good luck!!
  • TheDaniProject
    Options
    i dont think you can avoid hunger pains.

you shouldnt feel like your starving. if your hungry have a light snack and stuff it with lots of water.

for me a banana with 1tlbs of crunchy peanut butter and 2 cups of water help or light popcorn, its low in calories and you dont feel

guilty and most importantly your tummy goes to bed happy =D
  • sweetcheeks27
    sweetcheeks27 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I hate going to bed hungry and can't sleep so I just eat something small..or leave 1/4 of the dinner I was going to eat and reheat it for later if I know I am going to have a late night working (I work from home)
    I hope this helps.. I also make sure I workout first thing in the morning so if I go over on my calories later I still have time to work them off in the evening. Knowing I will have to get back on the treadmill and exercise helps me pick healthy snacks. lol.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I usually go for a walk at night when I get the munchies before a nice long shower and bed. If you must snack, choose something like a small apple :)

Good luck to you! :)