Starting of 2011 right

Options
Hello everyone!! My name is Nicole and I'm 23 years old... I have been struggling with my weight for awhile now and I'm sick of feeling bad about myself. My boyfriend says he is sick of me complaining all the time about myself and that even though he thinks I'm fine I should do something to make myself feel better. I have finally come to the realization that I don't need to lose weight to make everyone else happy or to look as good as everyone else, but to make myself happy. So step one of making myself happy was joining this website to get inspiration from people who are going through the same issues as me. I'm standing up in a few weddings come fall and I don't want to be the girl that looks back at the pictures and cringes!!! So here's to a great 2011.... let's do this together :)

Replies

• pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    "I have finally come to the realization that I don't need to lose weight to make everyone else happy or to look as good as everyone else, but to make myself happy. So step one of making myself happy was joining this website to get inspiration from people who are going through the same issues as me."

I couldn't agree more :-) I've been on here a few months and lost 10lbs with the help of this site :-)
    We can do this!

xx
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicole -

I just joined as well. You are so right about not doing it to make others happy! My family has constantly complained to me about my weight to the point where it made me gain MORE weight. now I really just want to lose weight for MYSELF and not anyone else! We can do this! :-)