The thought that broke the camel's back..

Options
What was the thought/event that finally made you change the direction in which your weight was heading?

For me:

"Fat pants" quickly became skinny pants and "skinny pants" became "yeah right, you wish" pants. Also, my 4 year old announced that I was going to have a baby to the grocery store..... I'm not pregnant.

You wanna throw yours in the ring of "now or never" moments?

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Shaving my goatee and having a 2nd chin suddenly appear
  • BriannaSkye
    Options
    My motivation for my 75lbs weight loss a while ago wazs when i went to try on an outfit and had to take my top and pants off I looked up in the mirror and saw Jabba the Hut from Starwars! This time (to lose the baby weight) my motivation is my son, I want to be able to run and play with him.
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    Men are lucky to have those.... all we can do is add more lipstick and eyeshadow.

But I hear ya-- my rear end kind of did the same thing.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    When sex was tiresome in a bad way!
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I have an aversion to getting my picture taken (Hello self-esteem issues) so when my father in law took my picture one Christmas and I saw it that was it. I looked absolutely horrible in that picture, its hanging on our fridge as a reminder!

It also helped when we got a scale and it told me I was close to 300lbs, I actually broke down crying after that.
  • lacharp
    Options
    Definitely getting asked when I'm due... and I'm not pregnant. In fairness, I do carry most of my weight on my stomach, and I do weigh as much as a few of my friends did when they were 9 months pregnant. There is something incredibly sobering in hearing a friend comment on the weight she reached during her pregnancy and realizing that she was but a few pounds off your weight...except that she's housing a whole other human being in her body and you're just fat! :laugh:

And I think that's one of the things I most look forward to when I hit my goal weight - not being asked when I'm due (unless, of course, I actually am pregnant!)
  • littlemamajamie
    littlemamajamie Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    My grandma, mom and brother have diabetes from being over weight was my main motivator but I was mostly just sick of complaining about being fat and not doing anything about it.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm not "fat" by any means, but I am overweight. And the "thought" that broke the camel's back for me was going to the doctor (after not having a period for 2 months and negative pregnancy tests) and stepping on the scale and seeing 163 staring back at me. I mean I'd always known I've gained weight, but never thought it was that bad. So I'm starting P90X tonight and am going to get back the hot body that I had when I met my husband almost 3 years ago.
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    @BrittLynne -- I HEAR YA! lol
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    When I found myself starting to wear the largest size my favorite store had. Size 4 at Torrid. I now wear 1's and 2's !!!!!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I had always worn plus sized pants thanks to my big booty but when I started having to buy plus size shirts because the XXL's at some different stores didn't fit me anymore I got my butt in gear. Now I'm down almost 50 lbs and am wearing pants and shirts from the regular size section. Definitely a victory!
  • SPQR1
    SPQR1 Posts: 2
    Options
    I cannot recall where I heard the following : "Nothing tastes as good as 'thin' feels." I was ready. Now I have lost 30 lbs. since July.
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    @Lacharp-- Yes, imagine this:

I actually inspired women to lose weight when I dropped a ton after my pregnancy. But then I gained it back and those that I inspired are now fit and trim.... talk about a walk of shame. lol But here we are and theres something to be said for that.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Being asked "do you know what you're having yet?" when I was not pregnant. :sad:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    BWHAHAHAHA! I had to reread that...I thought you said "threesome".
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    OMG ladies, a lot of us have had the "are you pregnant/ when are you due" heeby jeebies. It sucks I know.... at least we can look forward to the fact it will be a story we tell about an even instead of a constant reality.

But seriously... when the hell are people going to stop asking people whether they are pregnant or not. You're odds at being wrong are too high. TOO HIGH!! :noway:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Unless you are looking at a sonogram picture that the pregnant lady handed to you, then you should NEVER EVER ask! EVER.
  • brittlynne3579
    brittlynne3579 Posts: 217 Member
    Options

Well, the threesomes were exhausting also :wink: But I can't tackle those if I need an oxygen tank nearby for one-on-one! J/K
  • Lola_Reina
    Options
    Unless you are looking at a sonogram picture that the pregnant lady handed to you, then you should NEVER EVER ask! EVER.

AGREED! OKay everyone- write that one down on the unwritten rules of life list okay?!
  • Lola_Reina
    Options

Well, the threesomes were exhausting also :wink: But I can't tackle those if I need an oxygen tank nearby for one-on-one! J/K

I get tired just flirting. Imagine the mess when clothes come off. No no.. don't imagine.