Hi! New here - Here's my story!

Options
Hello all, I'm new here so - here's my story...

I'm a 31 year old new mom... Now, when I say new, I mean he's my first :) The little man was born the end of Feb, 2010.

Being 5' 5" and used to being between 130 and 140lbs, I had to cringe slightly when my max preggo weight hit 194 :noway: . But I am a realist so really didn't bother me too much... Especially after he was born and I dropped to about 150 in just 2 months...

Alas, I've taken advantage of the finer holiday things in life a bit much - like cookies, and suffing... oh, and holiday cocktails :happy: I also blame it some on wanting to be ready for making things for the kid to bring to school when necessary, like cookies, brownies, etc... Because, you know, there's only 4 or 5 years before he's in school to train to make all those things. And one can never be too prepared :)

For me, the holidays began shortly after shorts were no longer needed for the season and continued through, well, now.
So here I am at 170lbs (still 5' 5", unfortunately pregnancy didn't help me out in that department)... Honestly, never been happier in life...but I know me. If I don't start putting a little effort towards this, come spring, I'll not be a happy camper.

Good luck to all!

Jax

Replies

• fromfattofab
    Options
    Aww congratulations on the birth of your little boy! bet that changed your life! I'm new here to hun, although with alot more to lose than yourself!

just wanted to stop by and wish you all the best on your journey! I'm sure you will be there in no time at all!

xxx
  • DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new mommyhood. Kids are great, but are unkind to our bodies. I've had two and have yet to bring my weight back to where it was before my first. I'm new here too. Feel free to add me:smile: Good luck!
  • manleyzoo
    manleyzoo Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    I am new here to. I understand the post preggo weight. My oldest is now 26, but I weigh more now than I did 9 months preggo with him!!! Aaaahahhhhhhhhh.

After that long with the weight it is hard to get back on track, but I am determined!!

Welcome again and hope to see ya around here!!

Linda
  • cobygrey
    cobygrey Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Your weight loss goal is close to mine. and we're almost the same weight as of today i am 173 lbs i would like to finish the rest of my journey with you.