Belly Fat

Options
Any suggestions on how to lose belly fat? I want to hear from ppl that have actually lost belly fat. Thanks. Tara:smile:

Replies

• schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce body fat. doing cardio and strength training will help reduce fat from all over
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    sorry double post.. silly laptop
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    you cant spot reduce body fat. doing cardio and strength training will help reduce fat from all over
    This.
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options

I agree!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • millermichellelea
    Options
    I agree with the other posts on not spot reducing belly fat.

However, I have read a lot about what not to do to increase your stomach size, and have employed those practices in my weight loss. I have lost 22 pounds, and with that five inches around my stomach. One thing I have been watching is processed foods, sodium levels and not eating over 600 calories at a time. These three in conjunction tend to keep my stomach from gettting that fluffy belt roll over that it used to. Now it is flat. I still think all over strength training and aerobic exercise is the way to permanently flatten it though!

:laugh: ....my opinion and experiences only, as everyone's body is different.
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Bump - I want to know the same thing!
  • countjackula
    Options
    Bump - I want to know the same thing!

What's the question? The answer to losing belly fat is the same as the answer to losing fat anywhere/everywhere else. You can't spot reduce fat. As to where your body decides to distribute and/or reduce fat... it's genetic/gender specific.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone else that you can't spot reduce fat, so you exercise and diet will reduce fat all over your body.

However, it is important to do good ab/core workouts to strengthen and define your core, so that when you lose the weight, you'll have a tight looking stomach.