Anyone waiting for NY to get On the Wagon

Becky011
Becky011 Posts: 384
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Just curious for those out there that have been Off the wagon....Who is doing it now or waiting for New Years to get on track?

I want to get back into the swing of things. New year, starting a new job and would like to add a New me to the list!

Replies

• jcm214
    jcm214 Posts: 157
    I thought about waiting, but then I figured I was just procrastinating and using that date as an excuse to keep eating like crap. So, I thought, screw it. I started over again today.

Good luck.
  • I decided to start early, Dec. 1st! I was trying to get into the groove of things before everyone else and so far it has worked. I have been logging every day, even if it is just general calories. But I understand why people wait until the new year to start as the holidays, the delicious once a year treats, visiting families, and new years partying can do damaging to a girl's waistline!!
  • Teerai
    Teerai Posts: 243 Member
    No Way!
    Jump starting it to have a head start for NYs
    Kinda feels like the teacher giving a couple of answers on a test....lol
    Go, go, go!!!
    Be ahead of the crowd that will be on the roads and at the gym on the 2nd..hahaha
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    I too am wanting to get back on the wagon at New Years! I was good until about 10 days before Christmas.... parties, coworkers bringing in goodies and treats to share. And I was a very willing to take part!
    So today I have been "training" for the real thing on January 1st. Good luck to all of us!
  • emott84
    emott84 Posts: 108
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm not worrying too much about it until the 1st. I was really good with logging and exercise up until the 24th but I just don't want to have to think about it until after the holiday madness has calmed down.
    Reboot in the New Year!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    why wait?
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    I thought about waiting, but then I figured I was just procrastinating and using that date as an excuse to keep eating like crap. So, I thought, screw it. I started over again today.

Good luck.
    Exactly!! Far less weight to have to drop off starting up now than if one waits and continues to eat crap.:ohwell:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    I can't say that I am 100% going to stick to eating clean and within cal range until Monday, but I am trying...I logged all my food, have about 500 cals to burn tonight and I am going to the gym here in about 10 minutes. Second time in probably a month. I have a trade show in Vegas in three months and I want to lose 17 lbs by then. Once I realized Christmas Eve it was seriously only 3 months away I was like Okay! Gotta get on it! That is a super lofty goal and the only way I am going to do it is to get my *kitten* in gear NOW and be completely perfect the whole time. So. Yeah...starting now!

And going home tonight and putting all the crap I've bought over the past several weeks for Christmas in a bag for my husband to take to work tomorrow. Gotta get it out of the house!
This discussion has been closed.