Hello - New UK Memeber

Options
Hi, I've only been active on MFP for 9 days but I am already seeing the benefits of having such a great resource supporting my weight loss. I am using the phone app and scanning and logging all my food. The forum is also great and I enjoy dropping in and out each day.

For most of my adult life I have been on the heavy side. I am 6'1" and just turned 40 this year. I've lost several stone in the past while training for a few marathons. I found running later in life and really enjoyed it. I would quickly put several stone of weight back on following a marathon and I have never really been near my full potential yet.

MFP has really helped me relax about food and I am happy about eating what I need to eat to make sure I stay healthy while losing weight.

In the past I have got things wrong with weight loss and over exercised, under ate and tried weight loss supplements which just wasted my money and made me jittery with too much caffeine. This time around I am going slowly, I am 6 weeks in to the rest of my life and I am taking running easy and eating more. I know I can eat more and I am working towards that, but I have plenty of weight to lose and I feel really good.

Feel free to add me as a friend and I hope to be around for a long time.

Replies

• danielssmith
    danielssmith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's harder to do past 40 and its a good time to have a look at your self and think what you want to be going forward.
    I agree there is no quick fix really, you just have to change your life style, move more, eat less, make better food choices, not spend so much tome in the pub(well for me any way).
    I've lost over 20lb so far using mfp and have another 60 to go. Its not a sprint but as a marathon man you'll know these things take time.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    with running marathons in the past, maybe you can run a snickers in the future(40+ uk jk).
    there is also a uk forum here to add uk friends.g luck.
    fr sent.
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me. I know I'm across the pond and all but hey, we all need friends, right? Just sayin!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    It's harder to do past 40 and its a good time to have a look at your self and think what you want to be going forward.
    I agree there is no quick fix really, you just have to change your life style, move more, eat less, make better food choices, not spend so much tome in the pub(well for me any way).
    I've lost over 20lb so far using mfp and have another 60 to go. Its not a sprint but as a marathon man you'll know these things take time.

You got this. No magic wand or potion to take away the pounds. Lifestyle changes and determination are the keys.