Stuck in the 190s too long..

Options
I cannot seem to get below 190, Been exercising "Power-walking" normally and eating right and drinking water "64oz a day".. Something weird is happening. For example if I have a normal meal "Salad included", My scale goes up by 1 to 2 pounds. But with the holiday meals "Normally 900 calories", my scale skyrockets to 5 to 10 lbs, sometimes 15 lbs.. Is there a way to break out of this holiday plateau?

Replies

• jerseygirl777
    Options
    If you are only eating 900 calories, you are eating too few. Also, stress at this time of year (even if its about weight loss) can also cause you to gain weight. Watch your sodium intake and maybe add some strength training to your exercise regime. Muscle burns more calories at rest then fat. Try not to stay positive even though it may be difficult! Good luck!
  • datagram40
    datagram40 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yeah, lower sodium and a nice amount of water can help. Right now I'm trying to work off water weight that I gained during christmas week. Gained 6 pounds from high sodium consumption. Need to sweat it out and drink extra water to replace what I lose.
  • MichaelPowell
    Options
    Cool thanks. I'll try that. Been eating an averaging 1200 to 1400 calories a day. Plus Been power-walking most of the day "Morning, Noon and night" I do 4 hours of it at work when putting away the dishes at work"
    If you are only eating 900 calories, you are eating too few. Also, stress at this time of year (even if its about weight loss) can also cause you to gain weight. Watch your sodium intake and maybe add some strength training to your exercise regime. Muscle burns more calories at rest then fat. Try not to stay positive even though it may be difficult! Good luck!
  • MichaelPowell
    Options
    Wow, After Thanksgiving, my scale went up 12 lbs - even though was eating normal. Then I started to drink 64 ounces of water a day, it took a week to flush out 9 lbs. As of now, I've been drinking 1 gallon of water a day. Today, I drunk about 112 ounces of water. Thanks for sharing, I'll try that. God Bless.
    Yeah, lower sodium and a nice amount of water can help. Right now I'm trying to work off water weight that I gained during christmas week. Gained 6 pounds from high sodium consumption. Need to sweat it out and drink extra water to replace what I lose.