Sportline HRM

Aimee_PD
Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I just got a Sportline watch for Christmas and I wanted to know who else has one....what are your opinions of it? I thought with it costing $80 or so that it would be a good choice..not sure....I've been wearing it for 3.5 hours now and its only showing 150 cals burned..is that right? I've done a little housework (taking down Christmas tree, vacuuming and dishes) I figured it should show atleast a little more than this? I read someone was burning 100 cals an hour by just sitting at his desk at work.....I have yet to use it with a workout though. dont know how well it reads...all my stats are properly entered...so i was just curious on some feedback..thanks!

Replies

• edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    The hrm's aren't really meant for all day use. The Bodybugg's are meant for that. I would recommend that you wet the back of the hrm where it makes contact with your skin. Also, press the hr button every few minutes might help.
  • I have just got a sport line and it works well, I was under estimating my calories until now.
  • Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    see im finding out that ive been overestimating....i just finished an hour on the treadmill..3 miles at about a 3.5 pace.(taken from treadmill reading) the treadmill calculated 369 calories burned, my hrm says 247and mfp says around the same as my treadmill...im going by my hrm to be safe, but i really dont like that its over 100 calories different!
This discussion has been closed.