Now that these pesky holidays are gone.......

Options
Hi guys! I am new here and wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Jennifer and I am on a mission. My mission is to unleash the skinny girl within. I know she is in there just bursting to come out, but she can't because these wavy rolls are blocking her progress. I have tried almost every diet known to mankind. I had almost come to the conclusion that I might always just be fat. In a desperate attempt to find a light at the end of the tunnel, I stumbled across this website. Today is my first day. So far so good. The success stories are very inspiring. Someday you may even see my success story on here =)

Replies

• Buttsmom
    Buttsmom Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jennifer!!! The support and motivation you get here is amazing. Being accountable for my food and exercise helps keep me on track. Look around at some of the challenges others have started, I think that gives me even more motivation since I have to account for my actions even more. I wish you all the luck on your journey.
  • RockCreak
    Options
    Hi guys! I am new here and wanted to stop by and introduce myself. My name is Jennifer and I am on a mission. My mission is to unleash the skinny girl within. I know she is in there just bursting to come out, but she can't because these wavy rolls are blocking her progress. I have tried almost every diet known to mankind. I had almost come to the conclusion that I might always just be fat. In a desperate attempt to find a light at the end of the tunnel, I stumbled across this website. Today is my first day. So far so good. The success stories are very inspiring. Someday you may even see my success story on here =)

No, no, no... do not conclude that you just may be fat... I'm not buying that. I had that same mentality and said that I had to do something about it.

I had to stop calling it a diet and I know say a lifestyle change. I'm in it for the long haul! Second, I had to kick myself in the rear and slap myself with some will power and determination. I just said that I did this, now I have to undo. Also, I remind my self that I didn't get her overnight, so don't expect it to go away overnight.

Just stick with your MFP family and we will all get through it....even if we backslide a bit... we'll bounce back....and so will you!