How long can you carry over

Options
If you save calories for special occassions, treat days, weekends etc how far can you save them?

ie just a week or longer.

Replies

• steveocy1
    steveocy1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I keep a spreadsheet that I pop in intake, TDEE, Protein, and daily net. I then use that to keep a running daily average of the past seven days. I also keep a 14 day net average that I find more accurately reflects weight loss/gain than what a 7 day average does and helps to flatten out the curve for maintenance cals. But that is just me and some people find seven days is enough for accuracy.

So I guess technically I can keep extra cals for seven days. In practice I would rather splurge on one day, then fix it by taking how much I was over for that day, dividing it by seven and eating that number less each day for the next seven days to 'fix' it.
  • lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Aneary,
    Dont look at eating back what you have saved or not eaten for that week month or year. Look at this as to eat your daily calories and pick one day out of the week or two weeks or month to eat higher calories. Picking a day will help keep you in focus and on tasks to complete your goals. The reason some people can lose weight by doing this is because there bodies react to it and some wont. So increasing your calories for one day will help control it and determine if it fits your body. There may need to be adjustments. I would also ask your doctor if you are seeing one instead of taking just my word on it.

So if you are eating 1500 calories consistently for weeks and months and that one day (Your Choice) increase to 2100 f for that scheduled day you choose then it may help. It is your body and you have to find the right method that works for yours. .
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    How bout just do your best each day and if you have an occasion where you go over, log it and move on.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    I budget my calories for the week more so than the day. I don't save from week to week because I don't want to start yo-yoing. Nonetheless, if I go over one week then big deal! I log it and forget about it.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'm having a massive cheat day a week on sunday I know it's coming so I want to make sure I can save up as many cals as possible I just want to know if I cut a little out each day to start now or just the week of the cheat day. :)